Robert
Robert the Bruce Greeting 17.png

Shaka
Shaka Greeting 13.png

Catherine de Medici (Magnificence)
Catherine de Medici (Magnificence) Greeting 4.png

Kublai Khan (China)
Kublai Khan (China) Greeting 4.png

And look at this screenshot of Simon Bolivar.....that face....
Simon Bolivar Agenda Disapproval 3.png

That face on Bolivar, though--totally not the face of a psychopath. :mischief:

The "anachronism" on Laurier's background is minimal - he was still a sitting member of parliament and leader of the liberal party when plans for the modern Peace tower and Centre Block were drawn to replace the Victoria tower and old Centre Block after they burned, and they were completed within a few years of his death. Most of the rest of the picture is the East Block, which was not significantly changed since Laurier's days.

Over two days I did a few more hours of research on Jadwiga's background, digging through my memory and image searches for Polish and Lithuanian churches, and my suspicions seem to have been confirmed - it is not a real place.

Another church that is somewhat similar is St. Anne's in Vilnius, but again, many details are off, and the church has nothing to do with Jadwiga anyway (even though it was built in Lithuania, Jadwiga's husband's realm, it was constructed years after her death).

Why they did not pick an image of the spectacular castle on Wawel hill in Kraków (where Jadwiga lived, and where she is buried in the Cathedral), or the Collegium Maius building of Jagiellonian University (which Jadwiga restored, as Akademia Krakowska, the Kraków Academy), or Sukiennice (which were built before she was born, but at least she surely visited them) is beyond me.

Top Bottom