Civilization III - Historical Patches

Nicknine

Chieftain
In the interest of preservation, I have assembled as many official patches for Civilization III and add-ons as I could find on the internet and Wayback Machine, that includes both latest and historical versions.

Vanilla and Play The World have separate patches for localized versions while Conquests has the same patches for all languages.
Note that Play The World has separate English patches for US and UK releases. This is because they use different copy protections, US has SecuROM and UK has SafeDisc. Except there's also a catch - UK got a rerelease pre-patched to 1.14f and it uses SecuROM so that one needs US patch. Make sure you install the right one otherwise you'll run into copy protection rejecting your disc.

Spoiler List of files for search engines :

C3ConquestsFULLBetav115.exe
C3Conquestsv120.exe
Civ3Conquestsv122FULL.exe
Civ3Conquestsv122Update.exe
civ3v116f.exe
civ3v117f.exe
civ3v121f.exe
civ3v129f.exe
DE\civ3ptw114fg.exe
DE\civ3ptw121g.exe
DE\civ3ptw127fg.exe
DE\civ3v121fg.exe
DE\civ3v129fg.exe
ES\civ3ptw121fs.exe
ES\civ3ptw127fs.exe
ES\civ3v121fs.exe
ES\civ3v129fs.exe
FR\civ3ptw121ff.exe
FR\civ3ptw127ff.exe
FR\civ3v121ff.exe
FR\civ3v129ff.exe
IT\civ3ptw121fi.exe
IT\civ3ptw127fi.exe
IT\civ3v121fi.exe
IT\civ3v129fi.exe
JP\civ3ptw121fj.exe
JP\civ3ptw127fj.exe
JP\civ3v129fj.exe
PTW_UK\civ3ptw114f.exe
PTW_UK\civ3ptw121f.exe
PTW_UK\civ3ptw127f.exe
PTW_US\civ3ptw104f.exe
PTW_US\civ3ptw114f.exe
PTW_US\civ3ptw121f.exe
PTW_US\civ3ptw127f.exe

Missing patches

Vanilla:
1.21f Japanese (does it exist?)

Play The World:
1.01f (most likely does not exist as a patch since pre-1.01f reportedly only existed as a Russian beta)
1.04f for non-US versions does not exist
1.14f French
1.14f Italian
1.14f Spanish
1.14f Japanese (does it exist?)

Moderator Action: Note: As there wasn't any citation of sources for the files in this download, staff did look at them and determined that they appear to be genuine without any malware present. However, please be aware that anyone that downloads and installs/runs them does so at their own risk. ~ LK

Last edited:
As a fellow preserver of lost Civ content it's always nice to see stuff like this, great work man, and welcome to CivFanatics! :)

Although I'd recommend a better host than mega nz as this forum is filled with dead cloud storage links from mega nz, mega upload, rapidshare, mediafire etc that sadly seem to time out after a year or so (usually because they have a 'delete all files for inactive users' policy) and it would be a shame to see all that work you've put into this being lost. I have a whole spiel I usually post of better long lasting free public hosting choices (that don't time out if you never visit them again) that I usually share with Civ3 modders with hosting issues but in this case I think Internet Archive is by far the best choice as it's built for stuff like this and in theory your upload will last 'forever'..ish. You can either upload the files separately and it will display them in a nice list, or you can stick them all in one zip file as the site has a built in zip contents viewer eg here's the Civ3 Star Trek mod I put on there where you can see in the downloads area that it creates a torrent link to help sharing and if you hit 'show all' to see the main onsite downloads area you can see it says '(view contents)' next to the mod 7zip files which if you click on that you can browse inside the zip and download specific files without having to get the whole thing.

Last edited:
You've probably already done this but don't forget civfanatics was around when civ 3 was released. Maybe following this trail on wayback will throw something up for ptw1.04uk if it exists.

Edit - wow, I forgot how bad things were at launch for PTW, alot of angry posts in that thread!

Last edited:
You've probably already done this but don't forget civfanatics was around when civ 3 was released. Maybe following this trail on wayback will throw something up for ptw1.04uk if it exists.

Edit - wow, I forgot how bad things were at launch for PTW, alot of angry posts in that thread!
A lot of patches were in fact obtained via civfanatics.com snapshots so I already followed that trail.

Having a little read around the threads in October / November 2002, PTW UK definitely was released well after 1.04 and also shortly after 1.14. There's a bunch of people in this thread discovering that the 2 US patches don't function on the UK release. I think we can safely conclude there was never a UK 1.04 patch, and they went straight to 1.14.

Having a little read around the threads in October / November 2002, PTW UK definitely was released well after 1.04 and also shortly after 1.14. There's a bunch of people in this thread discovering that the 2 US patches don't function on the UK release. I think we can safely conclude there was never a UK 1.04 patch, and they went straight to 1.14.

That's weird because the initial PTW UK release (http://redump.org/disc/39627/) was 1.01f even though it indeed came later from looking at the dates. It also came out a few days *before* 1.14f so there was a very short period during which UK players were stuck on 1.01f while US players were on 1.04f.
But yeah, looks like 1.04f UK does not exist.

As a fellow preserver of lost Civ content it's always nice to see stuff like this, great work man, and welcome to CivFanatics! :)

Although I'd recommend a better host than mega nz as this forum is filled with dead cloud storage links from mega nz, mega upload, rapidshare, mediafire etc that sadly seem to time out after a year or so (usually because they have a 'delete all files for inactive users' policy) and it would be a shame to see all that work you've put into this being lost. I have a whole spiel I usually post of better long lasting free public hosting choices (that don't time out if you never visit them again) that I usually share with Civ3 modders with hosting issues but in this case I think Internet Archive is by far the best choice as it's built for stuff like this and in theory your upload will last 'forever'..ish. You can either upload the files separately and it will display them in a nice list, or you can stick them all in one zip file as the site has a built in zip contents viewer eg here's the Civ3 Star Trek mod I put on there where you can see in the downloads area that it creates a torrent link to help sharing and if you hit 'show all' to see the main onsite downloads area you can see it says '(view contents)' next to the mod 7zip files which if you click on that you can browse inside the zip and download specific files without having to get the whole thing.

Added Internet Archive link to the OP. I had an idea of uploading there, just wasn't sure. I'm keeping MEGA link since IA speeds can be pretty awful.

Top Bottom