Civilization V - Super Conflict Edition

King Phaedron

Warlord
Anyone ever notice how similar Civilization V is to an old Super Nintendo game called Super Conflict?

1. Both use Hex a Grid with different terrain that affects units.
2. Both feature historic military units moving on a map, and engaging in one attack per turn.
(The SC battle system works exactly the same way as Melee in Civ. You attack, so does defender.)
3. Both have cities or factories that produce new units, which you can capture or destroy.
(In SC, your units capture cities to healed each turn and you have factories that make new units after number of turns. You can destroy the factories and recapture cities after destroying any units there.)

So I got around to thinking, the best use for the Civ 5 In Game Editor, would be to create a version of Civ Scenarios that focus ONLY on the War aspect of the game. Mostly Modern Warfare.

Scenario, as in you start on a certain turn, with a certain number of units, roads might already be built all over the world, even connecting your cities to enemies. Enemies start with units, esp units nearby, since the AI generally is not very aggressive. You'll probably start with 1 city, but it will have a good deal of luxury resources so you don't have to worry too much about happiness. Your Civ will be ready to capture every capital and one or two strategically placed cities.

No trading, no interaction with the AI. Preset Religions, if any, will come with combat focused policies, like Just War and Holy Warriors. You might have a great prophet to convert enemy cities so that you can take advantage of just war. Or the strategy might be for you to build Hagia Sophia and get one or something.

Basically the whole challenge is already predetermined, and you just fight battles until you win. I would probably turn settlers off or something, I will try to make it so that it is not advantageous to try and drag out the game, produce too many new units, and "Out Civ" the competition, your units should start the invasion right away, and your cities only need to be building new units.

Anyways, it is something I am going to do, but it takes a lot of time, and as I am just starting Civ 6 it probably won't be for a whole, but I do have some editor projects I have just recently finished that I'm going to be releasing here. Map files and turn 0 game saves.

Has anyone done this or think this is a good idea? I would probably have to make a pack with like 50 Scenarios since the game had 50 stages, but I'm not looking to recreate the same maps, etc.

Top Bottom