CIVILIZATION VI Symphony (Incl. Baba Yetu) | Live from the National Theater of Korea

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.
The award-winning music of Sid Meier's Civilization VI is reimagined in a full symphony by @FLASIC. Watch the first musical performance ever dedicated to Civilization in Korea!

I know this part was for Civ4, but they were playing cinematics for Civ6 in the background. 😏

Baba Yetu, the Grammy Award-winning theme song written for Civilization IV, comes to life through @FLASIC Game Symphony Orchestra & Choir, in the first concert ever dedicated to Civ in Korea!

Last edited:
They did a good job with it. Good choice of a soloist as well.

I've been listening to the CD version (on Calling All Dawns) recently, and for some reason this one seems slightly quicker than both that one and the one in Civ IV. It's not really much quicker, maybe five seconds from the soloist's first appearance to the outro, maybe less. Maybe it's just the mental image of the sun rising and falling across the Earth in Civ IV that makes me think of that version, and the fairly-close-to-it CD version, as stretching out over 6050 years rather than three and a half minutes.

Props on the proper use of tags as well. I clicked on the "baba yetu" tag and was sadly disappointed to not find other threads with more Baba Yetu discussions and versions from over the years!

The prayer of a Jewish man, first recorded in Greek, here in a Swahili translation, set to music for an American computer game, and performed by a Korean orchestra.

The Civ franchise is going to lead this world to some kind of global cultural victory.

Beautiful.

I know this was for Civ4, but they were playing cinematics for Civ6 in the background. 😏

Baba Yetu, the Grammy Award-winning theme song written for Civilization IV, comes to life through @FLASIC Game Symphony Orchestra & Choir, in the first concert ever dedicated to Civ in Korea!

I like the song, but I'm much more curious to hear stuff Geoff Knorr composed to be honest.

Came up on my youtube feed yesterday. I had that song stuck in my head all night after watching it. It's still stuck in my head today.

People will only stop performing Baba Yetu when the sun explodes.

Not that anyone is really complaining.

It is honestly stunning

I have my background music for the afternoon.

I agree. Baba Yetu is alright, but Civ 5’s Terra Nova is my absolute favorite song from any videogame.
I also enjoyed Terra Nova and Baba Yetu. They used to be better but now they are still good. :)

Top Bottom