CIV's release date

Civrules

We the People
I've found the release date of CIV to be November 25, 2005.
Here is where I found the news.

Now, the only thing we can wonder is, is this correct?

[EDIT] There seemed to be an error with the site (now when you click on the link it forewords you the announcement made back when they said CIV was in development). Now it asked me to register to view the info... So I registered. I guess I caught it right on time, it went down a bit after I saw this. :)
And I took a screenie for ya who have not registered.

That's only a few days later than I predicted many months ago, so it's less than a week off. :)

My reasoning is that they will bust butt to ensure that it is out by the Tuesday (nearly all software is released on a Tuesday in the USA) before Thanksgiving to ensure that there are plenty of copies on the shelves on Black Friday (which happens to be the 25th).

Uhhh...anyone notice the release date they have for Civ III?

Is the site particularly reliable?

Enh, not like they'd ever push the release date back.

Oda Nobunaga said:
Uhhh...anyone notice the release date they have for Civ III?
Exactly. :lol:

This thing's about as reliable as the article saying Sid didn't do anything on Pirates because he was too busy with Civ IV. :lol:

:lol: For more confusion, click here.

Yeah, these sites are not reliable. ;)
I think I'll trust an official announcement, or when it comes up on GameSpot or something.

But for now, Nov 25, 2005 (even if we're not sure) sounds good.

I still say that knowing how the industry works that they would not release it on Black Friday. The prime date would be the 22nd.

warpstorm said:
I still say that knowing how the industry works that they would not release it on Black Friday. The prime date would be the 22nd.

You're right, as you said, they always release games on tuesdays... So would the 25th be the release date for other countries (or am I a few days off)?

I don't think we can trust any release date announced before July 2005.

Particularly from such dubious sources. Debating why the 25th was picked is pointless, because it's not even verified. It'd be like debating why the 17th of September was chosen... :p

Yep. Too soon. Maybe that date is right -- would make sense for an Xmas release -- but we might as well discuss what the weather will be like next November. Hey, are we expecting rain on the 25th? Or sunshine? Will the jet stream be dipping south? What sort of wind speeds are we predicting? :crazyeye:

Oh my goodness I just agreed with Trip. :eek:

:lol:

- Sirian

edit: removed

Top Bottom