Community Patch - How To Install

1706844027608.png
1706844140119.png
1706844114859.png

Hi, this is turn 218, I send my spy from a diplomat position to my capitol for counterspy last turn, I guess that activated the event of him catching someone, and now I cannot assign him any mission, or move him, or end the turn because I have to pick an operation for him. Anyone encounter something like this, or know how to solve it? This is the last patch. Thanks.

I think there is a question like that here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quick-questions-quick-answers.573489/page-462

copy/paste the answears:

"If reloading doesn't work and you have a save from past turn, and you can reliably replicate this bug, you can feed a bug report.
That kind of material is invaluable for bug solving.
Bug report are to be done on github, btw"

"The bug is already fixed, you can use the file linked here to continue playing:
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/10587 "

I think there is a question like that here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quick-questions-quick-answers.573489/page-462

copy/paste the answears:

"If reloading doesn't work and you have a save from past turn, and you can reliably replicate this bug, you can feed a bug report.
That kind of material is invaluable for bug solving.
Bug report are to be done on github, btw"

"The bug is already fixed, you can use the file linked here to continue playing:
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/10587 "
That describes exactly my situation. I'll try the file they uploaded and give it another try when I have the time. Thanks for the help!

Hi,

So I've played Civ games for some time now and really like using Vox Populi.

Overtime I have noticed two notable issues and would like to go ahead and provide some feedback on these:

a) Game crashes at or near Renaissance. This has happened with all previous version of Vox Populi however since the December patch this issue is -gone-. Just including this in case it helps however once again, this is no longer an issue for me.

b) From time to time something weird keeps happening with the city build orders. So in other words, like I'll build a Monument and a Shrine and a Marketplace etc... but at some point in the game, all of these things show up on the build options list (as if they were never built, when that city actually has built them already) and then no matter what option I choose, the current build selection is blackened out. Sometimes if I click on multiple build orders they will stack but still remain blacked out if they stack at all. The only solution for this is to reload and do over a turn or two and hope for the best, which does work.

To this end, something I noticed from my current game, playing as Rome, defeated Huns nearby Capital city and I built a citadel on a Tundra Hill (no resource that I can see). So later on, Barbarians moved in and took the Citadel, which flipped all the land around it to Barbarian territory. When I sent in a small army to take it back, as soon as the Citadel flips back, problem b from above occurs. Both Rome and Attila's Capital have their build orders demolished. Like the ui is coming 'unglued' for some reason.

Anyways, this has happened alot over time and just wanted to report what I know in the event this could maybe be fixed later on.

Once again thanks :)

So later on, Barbarians moved in and took the Citadel, which flipped all the land around it to Barbarian territory
This looks like a modmod issue (base VP does not have that kind of flip on occupied), so you should report in the relevant thread.

Ok I'll just load around it then and try to prevent this from scenario from ever occuring in the first place.

The only thing is sometimes this occurs anyways. Its just this game I noticed what triggered it. But I don't use Citadels very often, yet it doesn't surprise me this could be caused by a mod. Normally I just uninstall them when I find things like this. Be nice if VP did incorporate this kind of functionality because I think the game is a whole lot better with it than without it. Although I understand a mod such as this is probably pretty complicated and not without challenges of its own as seen now.

a) Game crashes at or near Renaissance. This has happened with all previous version of Vox Populi however since the December patch this issue is -gone-. Just including this in case it helps however once again, this is no longer an issue for me.
Can you provide us with the setup?
- Do you use other mods? If so, list them.
- What map do you use and which size do you choose?
- What screen resolution you're currently using?
- On whose turn did the game suddenly crash?
There are so many possibilities on why the game crashed on you.

b) From time to time something weird keeps happening with the city build orders. So in other words, like I'll build a Monument and a Shrine and a Marketplace etc... but at some point in the game, all of these things show up on the build options list (as if they were never built, when that city actually has built them already) and then no matter what option I choose, the current build selection is blackened out. Sometimes if I click on multiple build orders they will stack but still remain blacked out if they stack at all. The only solution for this is to reload and do over a turn or two and hope for the best, which does work.
Without a helpful context, like a screenshot, it's hard to investigate this one.

Can you provide us with the setup?
- Do you use other mods? If so, list them.
- What map do you use and which size do you choose?
- What screen resolution you're currently using?
- On whose turn did the game suddenly crash?
There are so many possibilities on why the game crashed on you.

Without a helpful context, like a screenshot, it's hard to investigate this one

There's no need for me to unpack all of that because I'm not terrible at tracking down problems with mods. I was just wondering if this had anything to do with VP cause the other issue went away. If it has nothing to do with VP, which sounds like it doesn't then I'm fine with that.

Thanks for the advice.

There's no need for me to unpack all of that because I'm not terrible at tracking down problems with mods. I was just wondering if this had anything to do with VP cause the other issue went away. If it has nothing to do with VP, which sounds like it doesn't then I'm fine with that.

Thanks for the advice.
Anything can happen either pure VP or VP with modmods, everyone's experiences are different. I still hold grudges against VP's annoying CTD when loading a save in-game or going to the main menu without the game crashing. It makes it hard for me to make/update modmods that are outdated.

damn im playing my mega mongo pack and every time I get to turn 200 it starts chugging and it is impossible to play
any assistance anyone can offer?

Hi all I am new here. This is probably going to sound like a dumb question and I have looked and cant seem to find the answer. I am using windows 11 and installed with the Automatic Installer. Do I load this under mods in the game or do i just start a game like normal with out going into the mods section of civ 5?

Hi all I am new here. This is probably going to sound like a dumb question and I have looked and cant seem to find the answer. I am using windows 11 and installed with the Automatic Installer. Do I load this under mods in the game or do i just start a game like normal with out going into the mods section of civ 5?
Always go to Mods and enable them, then start/load a game from there

Always go to Mods and enable them, then start/load a game from there
Additionally, for start you should unsubscribe from all STEAM mods, as some may cause problems with VP.

Additionally, for start you should unsubscribe from all STEAM mods, as some may cause problems with VP.
yea i had to one of them was crashing the game before even getting past the mod screen ty for that info.

I'm going to send this with pictures to see if anyone can notice any errors or mistakes.
I used the automatic installer. This is what my MODS folder looks like.

1709089938669.png

Yes, my PC is in Spanish, but I have the game in English.

This is my DLC folder

1709090376381.png

And finally, my Text folder

1709090439286.png

As you can see, I have the game in English

1709090651300.png

And I have already activated the mods.

1709090684977.png

However, not only is there no change in the leaders and their abilities

1709090728587.png

But also, the mod bugs my UI.

1709090759735.png

1709090782140.png

Just in case, this is the option of the mod I installed

1709090840523.png

What I can do? I have even tried installing it manually following every little step of the instructions, but it is useless. I really want to be able to enjoy this mod, but I have EVER been able to get it to work.

Помогите! Как настроить бесконечный опыт с варваров? Как в игре отключить отображение некоторых построек? Например стен и замков. Бонусы приятные, но выглядит это все максимально ужасно. Спасибо.

I installed VP with EUI today, and I noticed the tile research requirements are not showing.

1709430318696.jpeg

Random screenshot of EUI on the web. This is how it showed the requirement as far as I remember.
1709430490485.png

I haven't played VP before, I'm not sure if 'not showing the requirement' is intended or not.

(I installed latest version of VP with EUI with the automatic method on a fresh install of the game)

Great work on this mod!
Quick question. Everything was working fine up until version 4.2.7. After upgrading to 4.4.2 and trying use most recent version, city-states names are odd and when clicking on them showing as Bratislava for all of them. When I start new game, no CS appear, when restart all Bratislava. Tried to uninstall using steam, then manually deleted the rest both on Documents and game folder. Using only VP mod with EUI 43 civs.
Tried also manual install. Game settings used: 160x100 Communitas map, 43 civs, 20 CS. No additional mods.
Thanks,

P.S. There is no problem if using the option without 43 Civs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom