Connecting cities through city-states

Rudipu

Chieftain
Heya,

Searched google and the forums and did not find an answer, so I will ask here.

Is it possible to connect a city to your capitol if the two are separated by a city-state who is an ally (or even friend)?

City A -------road-------Allied City-State-------road------Capitol

Ran into a situation where I have about 8 landlocked cities not connected to my capitol being sealed out by a militaristic city state and need to know if its worth building a road through it. Could really use the income! I've already massacred a few other city-states and most are mad at me...Im afraid if I pick off one more they all may declare war on me and I'll lose all my bonuses/allies. So its road or nothing, can't eliminate them.

Its on marathon speed/immortal difficulty so it would take quite a bit of time and effort to test it out. Any previous knowledge would be appreciated :goodjob:

Thanks ahead of time

It worked for me the only time I've needed to do it. However that was a few patches ago. Now there's the bug where the CS road quest can't be completed and I've read comments from others that you can't connect trade routes through CS territory.

It worked for me the only time I've needed to do it. However that was a few patches ago. Now there's the bug where the CS road quest can't be completed and I've read comments from others that you can't connect trade routes through CS territory.

TY

I was going crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't finish my road quest also!

I tried connecting after I posted since I couldn't wait and it wasn't working. Was thinking maybe a road tile was incomplete, but nothing was wrong. City-States are just black holes to trade and commerce.

Looks like Im out a bunch of money and time making roads.

Thanks for the quick reply

(wish I could revert back to when everything worked :mad:)

During one of my games a CS's boarders expanded onto a tile I had a road on, and I got a bunch of notifications that my cities were no longer connected. Took me a bit to figure out what happened.

I think you can still road through an allied city-state's territory and get the trade route, but you can't actually road through the city-state itself. I guess you don't pay maintenance on the road in the city-state territory (anyone know if this is true?), but obviously lose the trade route if you lose the ally.

I think you can still road through an allied city-state's territory and get the trade route, but you can't actually road through the city-state itself. I guess you don't pay maintenance on the road in the city-state territory (anyone know if this is true?), but obviously lose the trade route if you lose the ally.

Yes, you only pay for roads/railroads that are in your territory.

No trade routes through CS territory regardless of the status of the relationship. It is a confirmed bug as of the last patch, if not before. I brought this up in the bug forum about a month ago.

Yes, you only pay for roads/railroads that are in your territory.

I said this once and was told I'm wrong that you pay for roads and railroads that are in your own territory as well as ones you construct in neutral territory.

By the way, does anybody else get bothered by the way AI culture will snake out just to bisect my trade route? It's got to be an intend feature because it happens constantly!

I said this once and was told I'm wrong that you pay for By the way, does anybody else get bothered by the way AI culture will snake out just to bisect my trade route? It's got to be an intend feature because it happens constantly!

russia did that to me once - I made them pay...

might be a cheaper culture cost if the tile has a road either hat or the ai is evil and buys it to cut your route I think the latter would be giving too much credit to the ai though.

Top Bottom