Corruption/Waste Calculator

mikezang

Pegasus
I also made a exe WasteCalc to calc Waste Shields and Corruption Commerce based on Everything About Corruption: C3C Edition by alexman and with Dianthus' help.

This version is easy to use more than HTML version, you can do as below with exe version:
1. Load a saved game file to get all cities information
2. Keep window always on top
3. Remember last used foleder

then I can add some new features if players like to use it:
4. Load last saved file when startup
5. Auto load saved file if new file saved

Please let me know if you have any suggestion or idea.

I made a online Calculator to calc Waste Shields and Corruption Commerce.
You only need to input the City Name, Build Year, Distance to Capital, then input the shields and commerce produce per turn, select Map, Government, Difficulty and Civilization.
The Rank of City will be calculated auto, and waste shields and corruption commerce per turn will be showed, a hint about add one more rest shield or commerce are also will be showed, I think this is very useful info.

The Cities Info can be saved in Cookie and used again, you also can Clear Cities Info or Delete City Info.

You can use the HTML version Corruption Calculator.

You can download exe WasteCalc here:

Attachments

• c3ccc.zip
    447.6 KB · Views: 536
It looks pretty good. I don't have precise figures to check against, but using guestimates, your calculator has confirmed that I just managed to cripple the productive part of my empire in my current Conquest by doing a PTW-style palace jump. :cry:
The 'add one more' function is a brilliant idea, but kinda depressing! I only need to find another 15 shields to get my old capital up from 4spt to 5spt... :sad:

Thanks for your message. I just found a problem, it is the RANK! I reread the original formula article, that siad the RANK is ranked in order of distance to the capital, not order of build, so that the result has msitake, I am considering how to slove this problem, do you have any idea?

Indeed, distance to the (nearest?) palace, and then by order of build for tie-breaking.
I don't see a better method than accompanying that section of the form with an explanation of how rank is counted. It's impractical, for both you and the user, to have them enter the location and founding date of every city in their empire. Conversely, it isn't always easy for the user to see the rank just by looking at the map screen, particularly if they aren't used to visualising RCP rings. That's a thorny problem. I wonder if anyone solved it for Vanilla.

This will be nice so I don't have to do as much work to determine the corruption. I also like the "add one more" function. I do notice two problems, however.

1. The waste and corruption should be 100% in anarchy.
2. It looks like the one your screenshot allows for the forbidden palace or SPHQ to be in that city or a different city, but not at the site you linked.

TimBentley said:
1. The waste and corruption should be 100% in anarchy.
You know, I just do it base on formula, are you sure it is 100% in Anarchy? I will modify it if it is absolute.

TimBentley said:
2. It looks like the one your screenshot allows for the forbidden palace or SPHQ to be in that city or a different city, but not at the site you linked.
You prompted me, I didn't understand the formula meaning so that I modified layout, I will make a new layout that can select Wonders both this city or others.

I just updated this tool, now you can input every city information, then the city rank will be calculated, then all information will be saved in cookie, so that you can keep your cities information between playing.

Please tell me if you found any bugs.

Mike, I did a similar thing in Excel, only on an empire wide basis (big table with a line for each city). I also found that rank is the major problem. For one thing, it entails making sure you have data for every city closer to the capital than the city you're interested in. I haven't downloaded your tool yet (looks good, though, btw :b:), so you may have already taken that into account, but the best way I found to "automatically" calculate rank was to simply sort all the cities by distance, then by founding date. The only analogous thing I can see doing with your tool for this is making it capable of a) storing and referencing all city's data, and b) grouping cities by game/empire. Sorry I don't have a more helpful solution, but I think the problem lies in the nature of rank corruption being dependent on other cities, as opposed to distance corruption.

On your other question, I found that the Palace still crushes all corruption/waste in the capital under communism.

Solomwi, Thanks for your suggestion.
About the Rank, I did what like you siad, sort by d=max(x,y)+min(x,y)/2, then sort year if d is the same.
Then I am making a new version in exe format not HTML, so that you can save/load to different file.
By the way, I tried to use saved game file, But I could't get its format, do you have any suggestion about saved game file format?
You are right, the Capital has corruption only in Communism.

Top Bottom