Country on strike at scenario start up

What do you mean by on strike?

I did a fair amount of modding found here. I don't know, it says STRIKE in red print near my income thing in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Where you adjust the level of investment between treasury, culture, science and espionage

I tried to play as Spain

My mistake! I added some banks and markets and got the gold postively flowing again. Here's the new world build save

Attachments

• 1700 AD Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Ah that. Yea, that basically means your gold income was less than 0 and yet you have more units than your free unit cap so each turn the game would disband units until your income recovered. Sorry I forgot what it was but it's been years and years since I actually saw that thing happen. The solution is as you say to boost the gold income or reduce the unit count.

I guess all my units were on strike? Yes i started far into the negative of around 130 gold per turn.

I guess all my units were on strike? Yes i started far into the negative of around 130 gold per turn.
Pretty much. As I said, each player only gets a certain number of "free" units. The exact number depends on a lot of things like how many cities you have and your civics. But any unit beyond that number costs 1 gold to maintain per unit. So if you are running a negative and your total gold is 0 the game will start disbanding units each turn until your gold goes positive or you are down to just the "free" units.

Note that there are other maintenance costs in the game as well. It may very well have been the modder's intent for the player to start out with such a deficit, and then make decisions to recover their economy.

Keep in mind that you can build wealth for a while in some cities until you get your economy in shape. Trade resources for gold per turn (gpt), and, if possible, trade some techs for gold. Building banks and markets would probably be my last resort.

I just added the banks and markets through world builder . So the player can easily start playing as Spain. Just tried spain and france, ,but this is definately and awesome map for this mod. Love it

Top Bottom