Creating flavours

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
I was wondering if this would work? If I were to create within my mod a couple of key buildings I'd really like the AI civs to build, could I add this to each leader (for example):
<Row>
<LeaderType>LEADER_CALGACUS</LeaderType>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_KEY_BUILDING</FlavorType>
<Flavor>10</Flavor>
</Row>

Then add in the buildings.xml the line for those buildings (for example):
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_BAKERY</BuildingType>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_KEY_BUILDING</FlavorType>
<Flavor>99</Flavor>
</Row>

If I'm not able to add a new flavour per se, would this method still work if I hijacked one of the other flavours that would be ignored in the mod - it's an ancient mod, so the "USE_NUKE" flavour would, for example, be useless normally and could be used as a flavour that would, in this case, encourage those civs to bake ;)!

You can create new Flavors by adding them to the Flavors table, the same way you add elements to any other table via XML/SQL. I'm not 100% sure whether the AI uses them though. And you'd probably need to give each Civ a value for that new flavor.

Check out Civ5Flavors.xml in ../Gameplay/XML/GameInfo/.

You can create new Flavors by adding them to the Flavors table, the same way you add elements to any other table via XML/SQL. I'm not 100% sure whether the AI uses them though. And you'd probably need to give each Civ a value for that new flavor.

Check out Civ5Flavors.xml in ../Gameplay/XML/GameInfo/.

Thank-you; I'd not seen the flavours table and it seems quite straightforward to add another item to it. I was actually planning on giving each civilization a value for the flavour; my understanding is if it wasn't assigned to a civilization, it would just ignore it - for example, my mod still works, but I've not added the new flavours that came with BNW to all of the civilizations yet.

Top Bottom