Culture bug for AI v3.8.1? why mulitple monuments

gdwitt

Prince
I am not sure which version this is.
I downloaded them from GitHub on 11-23.
They say "3.8" in the mods screen in Civ 5.

Several bugs:
Most of the civs has MonumentX21 or similar in their capitals.
Persia (had monumnetX33) had double my culture despite not having built half the culture buildings at turn 150.
I had most of the culture wonders including Sistine.

Persia also had WaterwheelX21 in their capital.

Could you attach your logs and save file? I'm not sure if this may be caused by an older policy bug or something else entirely.

Sorry. It appears that I turned off logging.

One way this could have happened is through faith purchases.
When I chose the belief that enables purchasing units with faith, it allowed me to purchase every building with faith as well.
I was able to purchase the building over and over again thought faith.
I only tried it once, but it is possible that Persia, a culture contendor, chose to buy the monument over and over again.

This 3.8 bug is still there.
I did a test game where I granted myself 1000 faith at the start.
I chose the founder belief where pre-industrial units can be purchased with faith.

It unlocked all the buildings in CEC end plus monuments.
I found that I could faith purchase of any building on the CEC_end list once a turn as long as I kept adding faith.

I also found that I could buy a paper maker and mud mosque and a few other buildings that did not belong to my civ.

This is important because the AI is really taking advantage of this.
Darius and other cultures that build shrines are buying up all the monuments they can afford.

Could you turn your logging back on please and provide some logs.

It is next to impossible to chase a bug without some reference point to work from.
Your last comment has 3.10 as the version. Are you sure you are on that version? Did you see 3.11 is available?

As you are the only one experiencing this we are going to rely on your logs. I can not reproduce this using 3.11.

Top Bottom