cursed crash

Darkform

Warlord
using Cursed L something I got a crash to desktop at year 800. all I can figure is about that time my 9th and 10th city (from total cites I had) that I just captured a few turns before probably got out of anarchy and popped borders at that year.

Can you even *play* as Cursed Lamia with the latest patch? I thought it was disabled. Do you have the most recent patch installed?

yes I'm playing scenario (the crash wasn't popping I think it was 14th zombie made now. played from last good autosave and changed production from zombie in that city to settler and didn't get crash.)

I don't know how many Zombies Nag has but I have 13 and would have had 14 at IC 800 if I didn't change production.

also it may have just been my PC (I have rebooted since crash and last time I tryed the autosave that autocrashes.).

Lamia aren't supposed to be playable, they weren't disabled in the scenarios for some reasons, but their won't be any update concerning them for a -long- time.

But if you had a python exception, or any other error message, we would be glad to know exactly what it was.

If you wan't to play this game, I recommend playing the factions enabled as of now, the complete list will be accessible with the Play Now button.
The (uncomplete ?) list : empire, bretonnians, the 3 elves nations, chaos nations...

Lamia aren't supposed to be playable, they weren't disabled in the scenarios for some reasons, but their won't be any update concerning them for a -long- time.

Not really true. once salvation and chaos religions are done, i hope to do elven gods and old ones, and then eternal life and spirituality, then drawf gods and destruction... shouldnt be that long. lahmia and othe undead civs will be designed along with eternal life...

If you wan't to play this game, I recommend playing the factions enabled as of now, the complete list will be accessible with the Play Now button.
The (uncomplete ?) list : empire, bretonnians, the 3 elves nations, chaos nations...

and greenskins, theyre pretty damn fun atm too.

Greenskins are quite buggy, lots of python errors.
And I don't know what you mean with 'not that long', you've started coding stuff ?

I think it was my PC I now have over 14 zombies and I'm fine. ( I got no errors just a popup asking if I want to report the problem to Microsoft.) I wana play with undead thingies. wait not like that. (I don't care to much that I only have 1 necro spell, I can at least still build undead units.)

if you wanted to make undead more like real WH then you could lower strength and cost auto give fear and make available sooner. also there is cursed company anyone can hire and a crown I think for lizards that let 1 of them actually use necro spells. (to balance tho you probably would have to drop strength to low)

I played some WH before (never more than 250 points I think and I always played Undead or when it was split Vampires) and I used to love how every time I played this one guy his Brit low class knights would run the first fear check they made in the game. if they just stayed for a little bit they could have taken my army.

maybe make fear only work if the fear unit wins or if there is more fear units than target units. or a % chance of not working. and put Terror where fear is Terror causing units are immune to Terror and fear and cause the same effect as fear ecept may aginst units that don't have a imunity to normal fear Terror has a grater % chance of working.

We have yet to discuss the undead civs, and the way they'll be played, but your ideas are fine. Just a bit complicated for what I've seen in XML, but not undoable. In facts, undead too should be immune to fear, as well as several other too dumb to understand the concept.

Doesn't fear already only affect living units? (Mindless) undead are already immune I think.

I definitely feel that fear needs to be toned down; it makes Cold Ones and dragons nearly unkillable.

fear causing units are already immune to fear. (you are also immune to Terror if you cause Terror.) (tho Terror causing units only cause fear on units immune to fear, that is they cause the effect of fear. where they actually case a Terror effect on units not immune to Terror or fear.)

And I don't know what you mean with 'not that long', you've started coding stuff ?

well, i havent started coding yet, but once i do start i suspect it will go quickly (once i get back into the swing of things :p).

Top Bottom