Custom Civilization doesn't show up in Sponsor Selection

Title says it all. I really have no idea what piece of XML makes this happen, anyone want to shed some light on this? Also, while im here, how do I make the explorer have +1 expedition module and +1 sight? Its my civ's trait, for now.

From what i've been able to find out, theres a log file that shows errors in the xml. If there are any errors, then it immediately stops loading the mod.

You can find it at C:\Users\<user>\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Logs\Database.log

Its basically like a stack trace, it'll tell you what the error is, and where the error is found. Sadly, it does not show you exactly in the file where it is found, so be wary of that.

Alright, I will check that out. I did run a debugging in ModBuddy though, and it found nothing. Weird...

Edit: FOUND IT! Log said it had to do with my start priority, and sure enough I had put

<Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>
<Row>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_CANADA</CivilizationType>
<StartAlongRiver>true</StartAlongRiver>
</Row>
</Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>

Odd that ModBuddy didnt detect that during its debugging sweep. Thanks for the help! gotta to to sleep now, but will run my new mod in the morning!

Odd that ModBuddy didnt detect that during its debugging sweep. Thanks for the help! gotta to to sleep now, but will run my new mod in the morning!

ModBuddy is only checking syntax; it doesn't know anything about the contents of the database.

Sadly, it does not show you exactly in the file where it is found, so be wary of that.
It depends on the error. Sometimes it's nice enough to give a line number.

Alright, now it continually gives me errors in the setup:

"Unable to load ColourAtlas_64_alternative" (or some similar file name, will check in a minute and edit post accordingly)

and the icon I borrowed from the UCN Sponsor mod doesnt show up at sponsor selection. The Database log doesnt say anything.

Top Bottom