Custom Map crashing on loading

nokmirt

Emperor
For some reason my map crashes on startup at the loading screen. I went advanced options chose the map. Then I went back and clicked on load scenario. Load the game and after a few seconds it crashes. It does not CTD, just says Civ 5 is not responding. Has this happened to anyone else?

When I created the map I did not add any mods, and I disabled any mods before I loaded the map. I validated the integrity of my cache. All files were validated.

Here is the map if anyone wants to test it.

Attachments

• Pacific Map TSL Final.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 107
I reduced the size of the map to 90X64, which is within the supposed size limit for worldbuilder. My original size was 102X64. It still crashes so IDK.

I can at least confirm I'm getting the same thing. I tried to make a couple of changes in the scenario editor box but nothing I did there made any difference.

I tried to add a capital for each starting civ, this did no good either. Do you think it could be any national wonders? I heard Krakatoa is bugged.

You have two coast tiles with forest/resource - one is just north of Krakatoa and the other is on the eastern side of on of the islands to the east.

If that doesn't fix it, try taking the world wrap off (on the Misc tab)

You have two coast tiles with forest/resource - one is just north of Krakatoa and the other is on the eastern side of on of the islands to the east.

Thank you that was it. When I placed those two natural wonders, I thought I'd had fixed those areas. Obviously not. I took off world wrap too.

Never ceases to amaze me that a .civ5map file that'll load fine as a map crashes when loading as a scenario - despite the fact that the C++ map loading methods used are identical in both cases!

I know this is an old thread, but

Do you mean to say that too many coast tiles with forest and/or resources alone may cause problems or nearby Krakatoa or...? I'm curious because I'm getting a runtime error after a few seconds after pressing start. Does the number of civs/city-states also affect this? What about changing the border colors of the civs or city-states in the editor without changing the XML? Thanks.

Coast as in "covered by water", NOT coastal as in "next to the sea"

Top Bottom