Default Civilization 4 colonization to open with specific mod

Ninjakreborn

Chieftain
It took me awhile but I got We The People (newest version) installed. I went into the game, loaded the mod and it worked fine. I closed the game and reopened it via the steam launcher and it threw a bunch of errors. I did some research and after some playing around I realized once I "loaded" the mod, it unloads after every time I close the game and reopen it. How does that work? Is there a way to make the game default to loading that mod every time the game starts or how do people normally handle that?

It took me awhile but I got We The People (newest version) installed. I went into the game, loaded the mod and it worked fine. I closed the game and reopened it via the steam launcher and it threw a bunch of errors. I did some research and after some playing around I realized once I "loaded" the mod, it unloads after every time I close the game and reopen it. How does that work? Is there a way to make the game default to loading that mod every time the game starts or how do people normally handle that?
Yes, there are a couple of ways. I like to go to Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization and open the CivilizationIV(.ini) file, scroll down to the middle where it says:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none

Change the next line to Mod = 'whatever the We the People folder is called that holds Assets, Project Files and Public Maps etc.' (Probably Mod-2.8.2.4)

You can go to the game in the Steam App and under properties go to General. You will see a "LAUNCH OPTIONS" in that put: mod=\We The People (or whatever the mod is you want to open) This will default it to the mod you wish to play everytime. If you want to play other mods though you will have to change it again.

Top Bottom