Deity guide

I just added some of my new games :mischief:.
Kalleyao said:
Does it require heavy microing?
Basically what mudd said.

Kalleyao said:
I made 1 attempt aand it was nice quick game, but I lost by 1 turn because AI won diplo. :rolleyes: :mad: :crazyeye: I agrre unless quick finish, no micro necessary. :ack:
1 turn means you are doing well :goodjob:. Keep it up and you will win soon. :)

Shadowsong said:
I just added some of my new games :mischief:.
Shadowsong, you're back! :goodjob: (With a pack of nice games as usual :mischief:.)

Shadowsong said:
1 turn means you are doing well :goodjob:. Keep it up and you will win soon. :)
Thanks, I'll make another attempt someday. The last one really upset me. :( :D

Kalleyao said:
I made 1 attempt aand it was nice quick game, but I lost by 1 turn because AI won diplo. :rolleyes: :mad: :crazyeye: I agrre unless quick finish, no micro necessary. :ack:
Ai wins diplo? I have to try that somtime. Sounds weird that you losr bt 1 tyrn, couldnt you hav preventd it?

Shadowsong said:
Good luck! :goodjob:
Thanks, I still haven't tried. :(
mudd said:
Ai wins diplo? I have to try that somtime. Sounds weird that you losr bt 1 tyrn, couldnt you hav preventd it?
I didn't pay attention to the relations between AIs. :(

Kalleyao said:
I didn't pay attention to the relations between AIs. :(
:shake: Now you will:)

@Shadowsong
"3520 BC Deity Tiny Conquest" is crazy!? How many attemptds :D?

So, I finally played sa game, and won! The AIs were close they finished all parts except 1 or 2 but I was fast this time. And it was quick spped I finished 1920 AD. :D Standard Pangaea. I chopped every forest in thge end and it was my 1sr attempts. :)

mudd said:
Shadowsong
"3520 BC Deity Tiny Conquest" is crazy!? How many attemptds :D?
Yeah, I know. It took some time, far longer than I expected. :(
Kalleyao said:
So, I finally played sa game, and won! The AIs were close they finished all parts except 1 or 2 but I was fast this time. And it was quick spped I finished 1920 AD. :D Standard Pangaea. I chopped every forest in thge end and it was my 1sr attempts. :)
Kalleyao, how many cities did you obtain? Anyway, good game. :) Congrats!

Shadowsong said:
By choosing the best settings that fit your strategies, you can win Deity easily.

And that's exactly why I would ultimaly prefer to go with the "standard" settings and fit my strategy to whatever I was given. To me it's doesn't feel as satisfying to fit some settings to my one strategy, but rather to be able to come with the best solution to the given situation.

And for the same reason I'm a bit at terms with my latest game, where I have chosen 14 opponents on a small map - Immortal level. This is because my reason for choosing 14 opponents was to make sure the opponents would keep each other down making it easier for my self.

So in the end, it comes to whether you fit the settings to your strategy, or vice versa.

Shadowsong said:
This is a guide for Civ 4 (patch 1.61) Deity level. In this guide, I will go through all victory conditions in Deity and show strategies for each of them. Deity was the first difficulty I played after I bought the game, and since then I have explored various tactics for each victory condition.

Hello it is a nice thread, but I could find in you description a strategy fro maximum score indiety. Do you have any?

Br. Bozso

Bozso said:
Shadowsong said:
This is a guide for Civ 4 (patch 1.61) Deity level. In this guide, I will go through all victory conditions in Deity and show strategies for each of them. Deity was the first difficulty I played after I bought the game, and since then I have explored various tactics for each victory condition.

Hello it is a nice thread, but I could find in you description a strategy fro maximum score indiety. Do you have any?

Br. Bozso

I would like to correct myself:

I could NOT find in you description a strategy for maximum score in diety.
Do you have any strategy for that?

Bozso said:
Bozso said:

Bozso, may I suggest some things? To get the high score you want to play Ceasar for Small > maps and Inca for Standard < maps. On the small map, tech yourself to Math while conquering the world. Build the hanging garden the turn before you win. <Conq or Dom> For standard map Its also to build the hanging garden but demand Math or sue peace for it from any AI. If you try standard < maps check some guides on quechua rushing.

RemoWilliams said:
So what if shadow turned off barbarians? I think they're a stupid part of the game, and I doubt that I will ever play a game with barbarians again.
Just so you all know, I am way new to this game or any Civ game for that matter.

This quote struck me though. I too thought Brarbs were dumb and I was about to restart and turn them off. We don't need no stinking Barbs.

Then I thought, No. Why should I let the game win? And I have found this to be a good bit of advice. Regardless of if you are playing peacful or not, build up your early millitary to counter them dumb barbs. Don't turn them off. Barbarians need love too.

i apolagise if this may seem 2 be flaming but about the guide where is the varity. if you play same old, same old do u prove yourself no. i am confined 2 prince i am truely. but a bout confined conditions try maze, 5 tiles wide, 18 civs, dual, as catherine on vanilla and beeline 2 military tradition and gunpowder = not very hard win on diety

Bozso said:
Bozso said:

Bozso, don't you have Immortal win entry with Preatorian rush? You did pretty well that game in terms of score and milking.

Top Bottom