Denouncements expire?

jtb1127

Deity
It seems to me that as soon as the denouncements expire the AI will just come right back to me, within five turns, and denounce me again!

Well this is mainly for if you fixed the problem. If they denounce you for warmongering and then when it expires you're still attacking, they'll just denounce you again.

I've found the problem of chain denouncements is still a problem. Civ A denounces you, Civ B denounces you 5-10 turns later because Civ A has denounced you, then Civ C denounces you because two other civs have denounced you. By the time Civ A's denouncement wears off, Civ B and C still have their denouncements on you, so Civ A will denounce you again, and so on in a circle.

It hasn't really fixed the problem

It seems to me that as soon as the denouncements expire the AI will just come right back to me, within five turns, and denounce me again!

Yeah, if an AI still hates you, they'll keep it up. Of course, when it happens to me, it usually involves me burning their civ to the ground....their choice.

I've found the problem of chain denouncements is still a problem. Civ A denounces you, Civ B denounces you 5-10 turns later because Civ A has denounced you, then Civ C denounces you because two other civs have denounced you. By the time Civ A's denouncement wears off, Civ B and C still have their denouncements on you, so Civ A will denounce you again, and so on in a circle.

It hasn't really fixed the problem
Haven't personally had this happen yet (except in my most recent game, since I've wiped out a third of the civs in the game and so everyone has good reason to hate me). I'm usually just denounced by the same one or two civs that have an axe to grind with me because I'm too close to them or I built a wonder they want. If you maintain decent relations with everyone else, you shouldn't be bombarded with denouncements, especially if the civs doing the denouncing are hated by other people.

I build a city too close to an AI and I get denounced. I wait around and immediately after the denunciation expires, I get denounced again for building too close to them. I'm locked in this cycle of "Stop claiming every bit of land you see--> It's time I told the world that you are not to be trusted--> It seems you broke your promise of not settling near me--> It's time I told the world that you are not to be trusted".

I build a city too close to an AI and I get denounced. I wait around and immediately after the denunciation expires, I get denounced again for building too close to them. I'm locked in this cycle of "Stop claiming every bit of land you see--> It's time I told the world that you are not to be trusted--> It seems you broke your promise of not settling near me--> It's time I told the world that you are not to be trusted".

Then don't tell them you won't settle near them, and settle near them.

Tell them to get bent, and then settle near them.

The AI values honesty over tact.

Other Civs will be less pissed at you if you just flat out tell the whiney Civ to go to hell.

The Mongols noticed my forces amassing on the border and demanded that I either declare war or remove my forces. I declared war allowing him to attack me during his turn. The other Civs thought this was honorable so they didn't hate me as much.

Then don't tell them you won't settle near them, and settle near them.

Tell them to get bent, and then settle near them.

The AI values honesty over tact.

is there an immediate diplo hit with the Civ if you tell them to stuff it? regardless of what you actually go on to do.

also, is there a significant diplo hit if you tell them not to settle and in others experience how often do they actually take that request on board?

my current game, I told Bismarck not to settle near me and he seemed to listen.

is there an immediate diplo hit with the Civ if you tell them to stuff it? regardless of what you actually go on to do.

also, is there a significant diplo hit if you tell them not to settle and in others experience how often do they actually take that request on board?

my current game, I told Bismarck not to settle near me and he seemed to listen.

We haven't gotten the code yet, but from what I've seen, yes, if you tell them to stuff it, you'll take a hit with THAT Civ, but the others will value your honesty.

If Bismarck tells you he'll stay away, and doesn't, he takes the hit with the other Civs. But, I've never had a Civ actually agree to stay away, so I don't know how that works in practice...

Civ A denounces you, Civ B denounces you 5-10 turns later because Civ A has denounced you, then Civ C denounces you because two other civs have denounced you. By the time Civ A's denouncement wears off, Civ B and C still have their denouncements on you, so Civ A will denounce you again, and so on in a circle.

Civ A gives you a reason to burn them to the ground. Civ B feels it would be unfair because they're closer to you. Civ C just want to join the party. By the time Civ A's capital stops revolting, Civ B is already on fire and Civ C is denouncing me again :D

In the game I am playing they declare war on me yet I am still labeled the warmonger! I'll just play the part they want me to play, in that case!!!

I had a game that Gandhi declared joint wars on me 3 or 4 times. Each time bringing a different friend. I was trying to avoid being labeled a warmonger so I just bombarded Gandhi's friend's cities and pillaged the country side for the 10 turns.... Wash, rinse and repeat. I finally got sick of Gandhi's crap and took him completely over. Aaaannnnndddd got labeled a warmonger by everyone. Once again Gandhi is the most annoying leader the game has ever seen.

Now tonight's oh that's interesting. I had some warmonger penalties being applied to me, something around -20. I had a defensive pact with Kongo and Zulu declared war on them. Zulu had captured Zanzibar during the earlier game city-state rush so I thought I would liberate it. Well my plan was take over all of Zulu's cities but Zanzibar and in peace tell Shaka he can have his civ back if I can have Zanzibar. I conquer everything but Zanzibar and open talks. It wouldn't let me tell him to give me Zanzibar so I thought I would just suck up the warmonger penalties and finish Zulu off by taking Zanzibar. So I take it and liberate it. Knocking Zulu out of the game. Well what happened next is the interest part. I got all of Zulu's cities, Zanzibar is a free city-state again. And the world rejoiced by liberating army. All my warmonger penalties were removed.

I'm going to have to test that again. Take everything but a conquered city. Liberate the last city and see what it does

Top Bottom