[Development Thread] Fictionalization IV

Okay, i hope to see the golden fleece, the philosopher's stone or asgard in it :).

Oh the Golden Fleece definitely, but maybe the Philosopher's stone might be a better wonder than an item, or at least something that can be built by the player rather than being discovered. And asgard is a mythical realm, not an artifact, so I can't use that.

I say yes, use FFH code.

regarding the philosopher's stone, you could have it be a wonder (like in FFH) that can be picked up as equpiment and moved around and used.

Ack - upon rereading here I'm giving you duplicate suggestions left, right and center. SIGH.

This is freaking awesome:goodjob:. If you don't mind I can give some suggestions. :)Godzilla as a hero for Japan would be awesome, and so would Dethklok for Celtia or as some sort of wonder or corporation, since their the seventh largest economy in the world. Zombies in general would be awesome replacements for barbarians, and Sacred Heart Hospital(Scrubs) would be an awesome wonder, as well as Dr. Manhattan, The Devil's Contract at The Crossroads (from the myth about Robert Johnson selling his soul to the devil), The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Hannah Montana as a Great Merchant, and Saddam Hussein (from South Park) in as the leader of some country.

I must say, I commend your work and idea.

I've been considering a similar idea as, originally a thought to the next civ, now a sort of foundation for a mod, where mythology, magic and technology are all interwoven into the game. Most for my ideas are essentially from Age of Wonders and mythologies of the different nations, as well as setting up sacrifice, mana and spell research systems and create new techs and update the old ones to fit the mod. I plan to download the mod so as to get some more ideas.
Firstly, perhaps a better name for the Atlantis wonder may be "the Posidean Citadel", or something to that nature.

Also, I noticed you added Atrus, from Myst I presume, as an Artist, would you consider going as far as to add Yeesha as a Great Prophet? During the Uru games, I don't know where, Yeesha sets off to the Cleft and finds Calam, who after Atrus helps her further in the Art. She initially thought Calam was 'the Grower', one who would restore the D'ni, but Calam was murdered and in turn she destroyed him. After that point and learning more of the potential of the Art, she began to see herself as the Grower, thus becoming a prophet.

One final idea I have, originally designed by me, may be a bit too powerful, but I want to see some feedback all the same. My idea runs along the lines of; each mythology appear to have certain qualities that tend to define the path of nations and even give them additional character, so therefore I figure that perhaps adding special Belief modifiers can be added to each civ. Beliefs in this context are similar to Civics, they modify some civilization outputs, be it production, Culture, GP points, and their effects are throughout the nation. Beliefs also have one special wonder for each, be it the Statue of Zeus (Greek), the Pyramids (Egyptian), or the United Federation of Planets (Pop Culture, debating PC Wonder). I'm still working out a few of those. Anyway, have a read and tell me what you think. :) I need to post more anyway. :blush: :lol:

Well maybe instead of each civ having a different belief, since the mod is more based in the world of fiction than in mythology per se, you could just have each civ have a special and powerful replacement for a civ. So Britain would have Big Brother is Watching instead of Totalitarianism, which would give you no :mad:and a hundred percent off in military production. Or you could have The Round Table instead of feudalism which gives you a knight each turn and triggers the search for the Holy Grail quest.

Oh and instead of the The Contract at the Crossroads wonder, you could just have a random event where the devil asks you to sell his soul, and if you do you get loads of :mad: but a great artist.

Well maybe instead of each civ having a different belief, since the mod is more based in the world of fiction than in mythology per se, you could just have each civ have a special and powerful replacement for a civ. So Britain would have Big Brother is Watching instead of Totalitarianism, which would give you no :mad:and a hundred percent off in military production. Or you could have The Round Table instead of feudalism which gives you a knight each turn and triggers the search for the Holy Grail quest.

Oh and instead of the The Contract at the Crossroads wonder, you could just have a random event where the devil asks you to sell his soul, and if you do you get loads of :mad: but a great artist.
Yea, I didn't mean a carbon copy of the idea, but similar, like what you say, something more into the fiction theme. Anyway, I go be crazy now. :goodjob: :crazyeye:

I have been playing this mod for a few days. It's a lot of fun. I do have some comments though.

Very early on, when I was still exploring, the Hydra (or Kraken?) was spawned in the Celtic lands. The next turn they were destroyed and there was a large red dragon that walked past ignoring me. I sent a warrior to see what happened and they were now a barbarian city with no defenders, so hey, easy nice second city for me. But I think I would have been annoyed if it had happened to me.

What is the purpose of the flying pyramids (I think they're from Zardoz)? They look cool, but they suck as troop transport. My troops get to their destinations faster when on my roads. Maybe they're meant to get people across enemy or unclaimed territory?

Sherlock Holmes looks cool, but he doesn't do anything.

The Cthulhu Cultists produce a magenta rectangle when they spread their religion. Maybe they're supposed to do it? Maybe I'm losing sanity?

Horatio Hornblower always has an English flag even when it's created by a different country. Since I'm playing Big Brother, it was a touch disconcerting.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game. I'm playing Big Brother at Warlord level, and have just defeated China (we were always at war with Eastasia) and plan to conquer Spain next (we are always at war with Eurasia).

I have been playing this mod for a few days. It's a lot of fun. I do have some comments though.

Very early on, when I was still exploring, the Hydra (or Kraken?) was spawned in the Celtic lands. The next turn they were destroyed and there was a large red dragon that walked past ignoring me. I sent a warrior to see what happened and they were now a barbarian city with no defenders, so hey, easy nice second city for me. But I think I would have been annoyed if it had happened to me.

What is the purpose of the flying pyramids (I think they're from Zardoz)? They look cool, but they suck as troop transport. My troops get to their destinations faster when on my roads. Maybe they're meant to get people across enemy or unclaimed territory?

Sherlock Holmes looks cool, but he doesn't do anything.

The Cthulhu Cultists produce a magenta rectangle when they spread their religion. Maybe they're supposed to do it? Maybe I'm losing sanity?

Horatio Hornblower always has an English flag even when it's created by a different country. Since I'm playing Big Brother, it was a touch disconcerting.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game. I'm playing Big Brother at Warlord level, and have just defeated China (we were always at war with Eastasia) and plan to conquer Spain next (we are always at war with Eurasia).

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like it!

The red dragon model is just a placeholder for a Hydra at the moment. He's also currently being used for Godzilla. And I have yet to install the rest of the artwork for the mod's three new religions. When you see a magenta shape like that it just means that the game is missing a texture somewhere. You're not going insane.

Sherlock Holmes' is supposed to automatically create a special building called 2241B Baker St. whenever he enters a friendly city. Fu Manchu has a similar effect, but in the current edition the code isn't working for either one.

And the flying pyramids are Vimanas, and they come from Hindu mythology, and can only be built in a city with Hinduism. They're meant to be early troop transporters designed to move units across impassible terrain, such as mountains or across narrow bodies of water. Although you're right, they are a bit slow.

I'll address as many issues as I can in the next patch.

My game is crashing. I've enclosed the save file.

Attachments

• Big Brother AD-1940.CivBeyondSwordSave
    395.8 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom