Dgame IV Roles and Responsibilities

:lol:
Say, didn't I see you at Fort Hood....? :twitch:

I think we need to discuss the Designated Player aspect a little further. I like the idea of a Council Member being chosen for each turn session. The current rules gives the DP ultimate authority concerning the in-game decisions. I'd like to add some checks and balances to his/her authority. However I do not want to see the system bogged down with red tape. Any suggestions??

Accountability without red tape, I think they give out Nobel Prizes for that. At least I know people have gotten them for a lot less.

Like all other posts I assume turn players will simply nominate themselves. We could have a rule that prospective turn players, excepting the first of course, must have served in some other official position prior to their nomination. When three players agree that it is time for a new turn player we can go down the list or hold an election. I can handle one elected position.

I agree, Having just one election will give it more importance. I suggest only a member of the council can be nominated for DP (true leader name to come once civ is chosen). Since any citizen can join the council it will not be exclusionary. It will also require the citizen running for office to have served in another capacity first.

Accountability without red tape, I think they give out Nobel Prizes for that. At least I know people have gotten them for a lot less.

lol :lol: . Seems we have found a good balance. We also need to create a position or a chain of command should the DP become unable to fulfill his duties.

perfect I also vote for you Lord Civius as the DP to start that game! As for me I dont need any red tape for the DP.he have all my confidence. If any important action happens he can just stop playing and post it about what to do next...

and agree about someone have to have a seat in office before running for DP.

perfect I also vote for you Lord Civius as the DP to start that game! As for me I dont need any red tape for the DP.he have all my confidence. If any important action happens he can just stop playing and post it about what to do next...

and agree about someone have to have a seat in office before running for DP.

We have a few more decisions to make before we elect our leader, the nomination process hasn't even started yet.

BTW Is everyone OK with their recommended office? The council is not just limited to these offices so if there is something else you'd rather do please post it.

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for awhile. I could do a bit of RPG Land Ownership. I would also be quite pleased to help out with the history/geography part.

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for awhile. I could do a bit of RPG Land Ownership. I would also be quite pleased to help out with the history/geography part.

Go ahead and take the lead on the RPG Land Management if you want to. Also talk to Cyc or NKVD about the history/geography as they are leading those offices.

I can do the RP Economy.

I have done plenty o' Reaserch. It looks very interesting.

Haha, yeah might want to give you your gift now before I regret it. :p

I have PMed Grant about the foreign affairs office and I got no response. With the limited participation right now I suggest the position be delegated to the Tsar/King. This should be a permanent responsibilty IMO.

Sounds good to me. An appropriate transfer of power.

Top Bottom