Diplomacy Thought

taijex

Chieftain
Hi everyone, New to civ in general, BE my first civ game.

I have a thought/suggestion on diplomacy.

Could a feature be added where you can find out why the ai is fighting against each other, I see a lot of wars going on, but I'd like to know why, and possibly get my grubby fingers in the middle of it.

We now have the fear and respect totals, make it so that if I send a spy into a capital, I can see what that nation thinks of all the nations it has already found. And the only way to get that info updated is to have a spy there and run the first spy mission (I forget the name, not in game)

Then as an aside, let there be a few more spy missions, namely a type that makes the nation think that a different nation is spying on them, so they lose respect, or whatever.

Example, I send a spy into elodie, for a "hacking" mission, when my real goal is to plant data making elodie think she just got hacked by PAC. Or some missions to that effect. So if I succeed in the mission, elodie loses respect for PAC, If successful enough times I get them to go to war against each other.

Also would like to see failures of spy missions where you get caught, really upset the nations, make their respect drop several points, put some danger into it, and not just a mechanism to gain science or energy.

Get some real spying stuff in there :)

What do you guys think?

You can already see the opinions of other leaders. Go to the diplomacy overview, then click one of their portraits - the circles right next to their portraits (not the ones around them) display their stance towards other leaders.

I like the idea of making other nations think that you're spying, at least that's SOME form of manipulation.

I can't seem to find it, what they think of each other that is. I see what they think of me. Maybe I need to start a new game?

Edit:

I see their stance, as in they are at war with so and so. But I'd like to see the numbers behind it, how much respect and fear they have for each faction

Top Bottom