Diplomatic Favor (at war)

Avogadro

Chieftain
So far, I have only played Civ solo against bots. But a few days ago, I played with friends 3 vs 3.
After my opponents declared war upon us, they never received any Diplomatic Favor for the rest of the game.
We never accepted piece and kept winning all world congresses until we got the diplomatic victory.
This seems very unbalanced to me, is there any way that declaring war doesn't punish one team for
the rest of the game?

Generating grievances against other players reduces the amount of diplo favor you gain so, assuming it wasn't a bug, I image that is the issue since grievances don't get reduced while at war.

People often play with house rules for these tyoes of reason. Yes can you can and will win a diplo war eventually if one majority side coordinates their voting, but it's a pretty dull way of winning in my opinion.
That being said, you did actually win through other means than just domination, which is how multiplayer games usually go down.

People often play with house rules for these tyoes of reason. Yes can you can and will win a diplo war eventually if one majority side coordinates their voting, but it's a pretty dull way of winning in my opinion.
That being said, you did actually win through other means than just domination, which is how multiplayer games usually go down.
it's not a dull way of winning when both teams have the opportunity to coordinate their votes. But there is no possibility to coordinate if all 3 of them get 0 Diplomatic Favor...

it's not a dull way of winning when both teams have the opportunity to coordinate their votes. But there is no possibility to coordinate if all 3 of them get 0 Diplomatic Favor...
To each his own of course.
Personally I think the civ 6 diplomatic victory has been executed terribly, and its something that I turn off.

Multiplayer is broken. Try trading a city with someone who is not at war with the same guy than you, when on the verge to lose it. It's better if it has walls. (or had)
Pretty sure you cant do that. I play multiplayer with a friend, and if the city is damaged (at least that applies/applied if the walls were damaged), you cant trade it anymore. Same applies if the city is not at 100% loyalty, you cant trade it.

What does vanilla have to do with this thread? Diplo Favor isn’t even in vanilla :confused:

What does vanilla have to do with this thread? Diplo Favor isn’t even in vanilla :confused:
It's because the exploit of trading cities (another multiplayer exploit) happens only in vanilla, it happens I'm 100% sure. (I was responding to Oberinspektor Derrick)

Most likely the cause yeah. I tried trading cities and couldnt for some reason, until it turned out my walls were at 99/100 (barely visible), and so I had to repair them first before being allowed to trade.

To each his own of course.
Personally I think the civ 6 diplomatic victory has been executed terribly, and its something that I turn off.
Yes, but even if we turn diplomatic victory off, one team still gets heavily favored by winning all world congress votes. For example reducing enemy prime units power by 5 or disabling their border growth from culture or disable gaining great people points from their most built districts and so on and so on....

Top Bottom