Does anyone know a way to play MP with fancy-schmancy mods?

Never tried it but it looks like it's something PBEM'ish, and we were looking to play in real-time.

Yes, it is like PBEM. It requires a long term commitment to finish a game. But it creates a level of anticipation for each turn and, since you can't play with mods in regular MP, that would create another level of anticipation for you.

I have recently started playing MP and GMR games after 2000 hrs of SP play. GMR games fit into my life quite seamlessly. With multiple games going (maybe you could play with different mod setups in each one) I usually can play some turns when I wake up, when I get home from work, and before I go to bed, with SP games in between.

Yes because of the poor MP code mods have never been enabled for MP Civ5 sadly this has limited the re-playability of Civ5, and shortened it's life span

CS

History in the Making may work using this tool, if you're familiar with basic modding for civ5 (it requires modbuddy and firetuner).

Faerun won't (well maybe with a game using mapscript, but not the scenario itself)

Top Bottom