Does anyone know why?

pdxmm

Chieftain
So in a recent game that was not using mods I had something happen to me that I have seen from time to time and I am hoping someone here can explain how/why this happened.

I was playing as Indonesia, immortal difficulty, huge pangea plus map, epic game speed with 11 AIs and 12 CS. I did have a good start with 2 plains salt both on a river plus a gold node. Also had two 4 horse tiles but other than that nothing really special. I started on the NW part of the map with no one above me. To my direct south was Hiawatha, to my east (seperated by a large lake) was Theodora. Everyone else was below these two so I was pretty safe at the beginning.

I did do one thing that I never do at this difficulty different and that is I settled 3 more cities before national college (4 total) which actually delayed me slightly from having it build by turn 150. It wasn't until turn 225 that I actually noticed things were different. First was the fact that at this point in the game only one other AI had more cities which was Poland with 6 (vs my 5). Second and this is the big one I was already the tech leader. I have never been able to catch up this fast before and I don't know why the AI was lagging behind so badly.

Third thing which really set this game apart from any other I have played at this difficulty is no one denounced me when I took Hiawatha's capital or Greece's, or Arabia's. Yep I had taken 3 difference AI capitals and no one seemed to care. Matter of fact after a great war against Poland both Hiawatha and Arabia offered friendship. There were plenty of denouces going on, mostly at Poland but none for me. By the end of the game only 1 AI denouced me and that was Theodora and I pretty sure that was over a CS and she backstabbed me doing so. At the end I had about a 20 tech lead. Somehow I became the snowballing civ and I have no clue how I did it. It seems to be more the AI stunted its own growth than me doing really well. Anyone have an idea why this game turned out so strange? I have seen something like this before but not this extreme but I always thought it was mods that did it but not so here.

Probably it could be because that the other civs are seeing Poland as a bigger threat than anyone else in the game. Maybe Poland was snowballing that time. It could be possible that Poland was declaring independent wars against City states. Shaka often gets denounced by others due to independent city state wars.

It could also probably be luck or a bug :lol:. I've never had that happen in any of my games though, especially once they get ideologies. Just wait 'till the modern ages when everyone gets an ideology and watch the denouncements fly like rockets. Arabia has chosen Freedom, The Shoshone has chosen Autocracy, The Celts have chosen Order. In the next 20 turns, our friendship will be over with denouncements.....

Top Bottom