Does Civ4 run on Windows 7 properly?

Bennett1151

Chieftain
Hey I just bought the Sid Meirer's Civilization IV Golden Edition but I havn't opened it yet just incase I need a refund because on the back it only lists windows 2000, windows xp and vista as supported operating systems. I am running windows 7 and want to find out if it will still work on a higher os or if it will have problems. Please tell me if there are any minor errors that mightup when trying to run it. I don't want to screw up this new computer.

The base game will probably not run on Win7, but the expansion "Warlords" will.
Since the expansion is basically just "more" with a few additional concepts, this is not a problem. Nobody here is playing the base game if he/she has the expansions.

But as tip:
Get your refund right now without thinking about opening it.
Buy then instead the Civ4 Game Of The Year (or however it is named) edition with the expansion "Beyond The Sword" (BtS). Everyone is playing the second expansion and all mods and competitions are done for it.

(I assume CivGold = Base game + expansion "Warlords", without the expansion "Beyond The Sword"; if there's BtS mentioned, then forget this text here, install it, and start BtS)

Civ4 Complete Edition (with bts, colonization, warlords) works on win7.

that siad, it is important to get complete addition as all the mods are designed to work for Civ4 BTS 3.19 Patch and Civ4 Colonization (which is not an expansion to civ5) is pretty fun.

complete edition gets you Civ4: Beyond the Sword which will be the primary "version" you launch and Colonization (which plays independently from the other civ's). so get your refund, because gold edition means gold for firaxis when you have to buy those game seperately.

I play Colonization just fine on Windows 7.

Remember also, if for some reason there is some glitch with Civ 4 remember there always is the option to play in compatability mode.

Top Bottom