DomAdvisor Trade Routes page

Pilotis

Prince
Hi.

I just can't get the hang of managing the trade routes with what looks like a really important tool. The +/- button and assigning anonymous wagons is driving me nuts. Anyone help please.....

Renaming your wagons might help.

I had one called Stoners Inc. because it transported tobacco to New Amsterdam and returned with Ore. No way to confuse that one with for instance Tools R Us.

My first impression of the game is great, but the trade mechanics are horrible. It really does seem unfinished.

There needs to be a trade management screen showing you which towns are producing what, and what they need. It should allow you to assign available wagon trains to trade routs, removing them from game play and replacing them with smaller versions on the game map constantly moving between the towns.

For being so important, the trade is very badly done (in my opinion). I think it ruins the game.:gripe:

Automating trade routes works, but it's simply not a trivial task and therefore an interesting challenge. There are many variables to consider: distance(roads), production volume, number or resources and wagon train capacity. And it gets twice as complicated with every new city.
No management screen can compensate for lack of city planning :) or lack of infrastructure (warehouses/roads) or a rushed expansion into the countryside. I agree, it is annoying when it doesn't work or when it is disrupted by rival nations, enemy movements or and angry tribe.

Some suggest having a (renamed) Wagon Train for one resource circling the towns, other strategies involve assigning a Train(or two) to each town or at least one direction.

It's just like setting up a network, I prefer a star architecture, where everything is exported to a central city and relocated from there. Shortly before the Declaration of Independence all these trains become usefull for storing horses and guns.

I am just about done with a completly new screen devoted interly to dealing with your Trade Network. See the link in my sig, the thread has several Screen Shots and I'm always looking for input.

Top Bottom