Downloaded Map

cepiolot

Chieftain
I downloaded a new map for Colonization but I don't know how to use it. How do I?

you probably downloaded it to the wrong thing show me where you got the link.

When you download a map, and extract or open the zip archive (or whatever archive format is being used), you will have one of two file types:

*.py: .py files are mapscripts (actually, they're Python scripts, but in this case, they are mapscripts only).

*.ColonizationWBSave: These files are worldbuilder save files (scenarios/pre-made maps).

For both types of maps, installation is the same:

First, find your Colonization directory under Program Files. For me, the directory is:

"C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization"

It will probably vary. However, the directory should contain, among other things, a "Colonization.exe" file, an "Assets" folder, and a "PublicMaps" folder (as well as various other files and folders).

The "PublicMaps" folder is the relevant folder here. Copy the map file into the PublicMaps folder.

it's in the public maps folder but it doesnt show in the map selection. how do i use it?

it's in the public maps folder but it doesnt show in the map selection. how do i use it?

What map have you downloaded?

If it's a scenario/pre-made map, you will need to click the "Play Scenario", or "Custom Scenario", option. If it's a mapscript, you will need to click the "Play Now" or "Custom Game" option.

Top Bottom