DP Rights

thecommonnate

Theocrat
After recent confusion with TC instructions, I suggest we take some pressure off of the DP to lessen confusion. Namely, we give them some rights to what they can do with their Turn.

I believe that, if in any case regarded to the current DP as unrecognized, a DP should reserve the right to save and quit the game at which point there will be discussion about the problem.

Any other ideas are welcome.

The DP should always stop playing the save if something comes up that needs to be discussed in the forum. DPs should never feel forced to continue to play up to the number of turns they stated they would. If they have to stop earlier to allow discussions to take place and a decsion to be made then they should do so.

The DP should always stop playing the save if something comes up that needs to be discussed in the forum. DPs should never feel forced to continue to play up to the number of turns they stated they would. If they have to stop earlier to allow discussions to take place and a decsion to be made then they should do so.

Bingo.

The mere idea that one can "force" a DP to continue playing beyond a point they would prefer to stop is complete foolishness. It opens a truly nasty can of worms that far exceeds anything stopping early could cause.

DP's should do the following:
* Provide adequate notice of when and how they will play
* Provide a link to the save they will use to start the session
* Provide a thread for all instructions to be posted
* Maintain a log of all actions
* Post a summary of their session, along with the ending save and game log

In return, they should expect the following:
* Clear and concise instructions posted in the threads
* NO LINKS in those instructions (violates that clear and concise, you know?)
* Same level of respect they show other DP's

-- Ravensfire

Bingo.

The mere idea that one can "force" a DP to continue playing beyond a point they would prefer to stop is complete foolishness. It opens a truly nasty can of worms that far exceeds anything stopping early could cause.

DP's should do the following:
* Provide adequate notice of when and how they will play
* Provide a link to the save they will use to start the session
* Provide a thread for all instructions to be posted
* Maintain a log of all actions
* Post a summary of their session, along with the ending save and game log

In return, they should expect the following:
* Clear and concise instructions posted in the threads
* NO LINKS in those instructions (violates that clear and concise, you know?)
* Same level of respect they show other DP's

-- Ravensfire

I agree. I would also add that a DP cannot alter any instructions and if he feels it a necessity then he should stop the game immediately for discussion. The King or Regent should be able to alter instructions as they have the final word legally anyway.

So do people agree?

I see no problem with the above posted guidlines. But maybe this thread should remain open, in a sense, so that more might be added.

Top Bottom