Dumb AI moves

qweradsfzxcv

Chieftain
This is one of the dumbest things I've seen an AI do yet. Siam guy on the other side of the globe (on huge map) declares war on me randomly yet I see no units even close to me. I'm playing on small continents so there's a continent between my continent and his. I've got two ships in each of the seas between. I start seeing a fleet of elephants crossing the ocean and my first ship starts taking them out. I get about half of them down to half health. They proceed to beach onto the middle continent where they get bombarded by 2-3 of arab guy's cities (who hes also at war with) while crossing to second ocean. Once they're on their way to my territory my second ship takes about half of them out before they beach next to the capital at half health to get executed by my rifleman.

It was pretty much and assembly line of death for him, but he kept sending unit after unit, for about 300 years, and I'm betting these elephants aren't cheap because they would take about 2 points of health from my rifleman. It was funny because he kept trying to get me to buy peace, at first he demanded everything I had, all my cities but my capital (lol wut?), but his demands got weaker as I was killed hundreds of his units, until he wanted nothing so I accepted peace because I was bored with it.

You do know if you just move the ship onto his elephant it dies instantly? Instead of bombarding it?

Yesterday, when I was playing, AI declared war on me. There were two AI's cities near my city. One on top and one on bottom of my city...AI decided to move their workers, 3 to be exact from bottom to top...going through my city....I captured them all 3 and made my workers....haha

You do know if you just move the ship onto his elephant it dies instantly? Instead of bombarding it?

But when you move the ship onto the elephant you don't get any XP, but if you bombard it you do. So if you want/need to kill in a hurry move on top, but if you have time bombard and you get xp in addition to killing. I also like to bombard enemy workers whenever I have a chance for this reason too.

It seems that when the AI decides to be aggressive, they are too aggressive. It is not good strategy for the AI to DoW the player from across the map when they are also at war with several other AI neighbors. This happens all of the time and needs to be fixed. I'm all for having some aggressive AI's, but they should not DoW everyone and fight wars on multiple fronts that they can't win. They need to at least consider defending their own cities as well.

In a recent game, Washington was to my east about 20-30 tiles and a friendly trading partner. He was sandwiched in between Iroquois to his north and Greece to his south and had been warring with both of them all game. Suddenly he decided to DoW me out of the blue and 2 turns later I see that he has lost his capitol to the Iroquois. A few more turns later his army of 5 units plus one GG shows up and I easily dispatch them. So basically he sent units to attack me while his capitol was under siege. Not too smart. These suicide runs by the AI need to be fixed.

But when you move the ship onto the elephant you don't get any XP, but if you bombard it you do. So if you want/need to kill in a hurry move on top, but if you have time bombard and you get xp in addition to killing. I also like to bombard enemy workers whenever I have a chance for this reason too.

Actually, do you get XP for moving onto them, IIRC.

Actually, do you get XP for moving onto them, IIRC.

Not that I've seen, but even if you do you can only get that once. Since it's a melee attack you will get 4 xp. But if you bombard it will take at least three-four shots netting you 6-8 xp.

Top Bottom