Earth Map / Mod Question

Mattygerst

Prince
Hello all,

I have created a mod based off KMod called MMod. I have recently edited my DLL to have 64 civs. My mod also has GEM map playable as a scenario, with 48 pre-set civs on it (which also requires a 48-civ DLL to play). This is saved as a 'private map' and has a WBS text editor which outlines 48 open civs with set starting points.

I would like to make two different changes, one more preferable than the other, but both will probably work for purposes of what I'm attempting to do.

#1: I'd like to remove this as strictly a 'private map' tied to a scenario. I'd much rather this be open to using any combination of 64 civs with random starting points playble as a custom-game rather than a custom-scenario. I have scoured the forums but cannot find information for how to do this? Would anyone have any suggestions about how to complete this?

#2: Perhaps it is possible that my preference above is not possible and I am stuck using the map as a 'private map' and scenario with a set amount of civs and set starting locations. If that is the case, what do I have to do the the map's WBS in order to increase the open-civ count from 48 to the new 64 count DLL?

Generally a map can is one of two things: completely random terrain generated by some map script plus configurable number of civs and other settings (usually referred to as a map script) or a static map with static civilisations, maybe even including preplaced cities and units etc. (usually called scenario).

What you are looking for is a combination of these two kinds of maps. I had a similar question once and was pointed at an example that does this. Search the general C&C forum for a thread along these lines, it wasn't too long ago.

If I am willing to deal with a preplaced map with static civilizations / starting locations ... how can I increase the GEM map from the 48 civs that it corresponds with now ... to the 64 civ DLL? I think that would be most simple, bc all I need is for the map to start-up with 64 civs, then I can build the scenario and save it as a WBS file. But, for now, when I open the GEM map, it has slots for 48 civs in the text file. So, how would I go about increasing those slots to 64? Would it be as simple as increasing the text to the additional slots and then placing a starting location for those slots onto the map?

In the meantime, I will search the thread you are talking about.

This is the same Q I have! (#2)

I want to use GEM in ROM:AND, but I want to start with 72 civs, not 49, which seems to be the max. I'm perfectly okay with all the same civs being set in the same fixed starting points. I just don't know how to do even that much.

I'm using a 100CivDLL that I copy and pasted. The mod runs fine. So, I have no problem getting lots of civs onto the map in World Builder. The problem is that once I set them up, they're not there when I load up the scenario! Instead, their settlers and warriors/scouts are in random, inhospitable places, including many civs piled up on one tile.

I'd love to know if it's possible to make a
GEM ROM:AND scenario with more than 50 civs, and how I could do it.

Top Bottom