[C3C] Editor - Deleting Unit Throws Off Auto-Produced Units for Buildings

Quintillus

Restoring Civ3 Content
Supporter
Still discovering new bugs in 2016! :crazyeye:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the editor, enable Custom Rules, open the rules.
2. Verify that buildings on the Improvement and Wonders tab such as Knights Templar produce the correct units (i.e. Crusaders)
3. Go to the Units tab; select a unit before Ancient Cavalry, such as Rider.
4. Delete the unit and confirm its deletion.
5. Go back to the Improvement and Wonders tab and view the wonder you viewed previously. It now produces the unit after the one it did before in the unit list (i.e. Ancient Cavalry in this example).

This bug affects the current Conquests Game of the Month. Verified Civ3ConquestsEdit version 1.03 (retail CD), which corresponds to Conquests 1.22, but I suspect it goes back to when buildings producing units was first introduced. I have also confirmed that it affects the Steam version, including the multiplayer update from 2015 (I'm pretty sure the editor didn't receive any updates as part of that, but did successfully reproduce this bug with that version).

You can work around this issue by (a) not deleting units and instead removing all civs from their Available To option, (b) resetting any auto-produced options after deleting a unit, or (c) using either Steph's editor or my editor, both of which have been confirmed to not have this bug.

Top Bottom