Era Stopper Mod

The regular assets folder in program files ... must open to contain XML/Technologies/techinfos. I'm afraid that's all I know.

The 4 different assets are in the assets folder. XML, python, and such are in the custom assets folder. I've tried custom assets and the regular assets folder with the instructions you gave but it never lets me open the regular assets folders (0-3) with notepad or word but it does let me open the custom assets folders with notepad but when I do there is nothing there. I go to XML and in there I open technologies with notepad and there is nothing there. It just says newdocument and is blank. I've tried everything but I can get no farther. :(

I think I know what the problem is. If I'm reading this (and his previous posts) correctly, he's literally trying to open the folders with notepad. LeGrandMogol, if this is what you're doing, then you need to open the folders normally, then open the files inside the folder with notepad.

I go to 'my computer' and then BTS and from there go the those folders and then right click on them and try to open them with notepad and there is nothing there. I'm just going to give up since I can't seem to do anything. But thank you everyone for all your help. especially meteorpunch who was very helpful and gave very good instructions and very promptly and whos original era stoppers I've enjoyed with the first two editions of civ. I just think there might be something wrong with my computer...or more likely with just me.

I go to 'my computer' and then BTS and from there go the those folders and then right click on them and try to open them with notepad and there is nothing there.

Dont right click the folders. double (left)click them to open them.

Also it's my computer/program files/firaxis/sid meier's civ4/BTS/Assets.

left click that one. you should see folders including 'technologies'. Again, double-left click to open. you should see 'techinfos'. Right click that puppy.

Hey, Mice! It worked. I did it! My first succesful MOD! Back when I said it was me, it turns it was me. I went back to one of your earlier posts here followed those directions. My problem was that I was opening folders in 'my documents' despite that fact that you guys have been saying go to 'my programs'. We once I got past that major pitfall I went to your october 27th post and did everything as you said and it worked. I'm playing the game as I speak!
My only other question is how do make some of the other techs part of a different era? and how can I move units (the differents corps) back to another tech. I still want to play with all the corperations but not with their respective techs.
P.S. Mice, your spoiler in XML on how to disable techs was also a huge help. I couldn't have done it with out you.:) :) :D

Hey, Mice! It worked. I did it! My first succesful MOD!
My only other question is how do make some of the other techs part of a different era? and how can I move units (the differents corps) back to another tech. I still want to play with all the corperations but not with their respective techs.

That's some good news. I got a big buzz out of my first XML mod too.

About moving the corporations;

Go to Assets (and you know the one, program files etc)

In Assets/XML/Buildings , you will find buildinginfos

right click this to open it with notepad or whatever.

you will see way down the bottom corporation_1 , corporation_2 etc.

I think the first is Cereal, the second is sushi. You can work it out.

I changed the preq tech from medicine and corporation to Guilds and Pottery.

you can see it in this;
Spoiler :

<BuildingInfo>
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_CORPORATION_2</BuildingClass>
<Type>BUILDING_CORPORATION_2</Type>
<SpecialBuildingType>NONE</SpecialBuildingType>
<Description>CHANGED_TXT_KEY_CORPORATION_2</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CORPORATION_2_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CORPORATION_2_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Advisor>ADVISOR_ECONOMY</Advisor>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_CORPORATION_2</ArtDefineTag>
<MovieDefineTag>NONE</MovieDefineTag>
<HolyCity>NONE</HolyCity>
<ReligionType>NONE</ReligionType>
<StateReligion>NONE</StateReligion>
<bStateReligion>0</bStateReligion>
<PrereqReligion>NONE</PrereqReligion>
<PrereqCorporation>NONE</PrereqCorporation>
<FoundsCorporation>CORPORATION_2</FoundsCorporation>
<GlobalReligionCommerce>NONE</GlobalReligionCommerce>
<GlobalCorporationCommerce>CORPORATION_2</GlobalCorporationCommerce>
<VictoryPrereq>NONE</VictoryPrereq>
<FreeStartEra>NONE</FreeStartEra>
<MaxStartEra>NONE</MaxStartEra>
<ObsoleteTech>NONE</ObsoleteTech>
<PrereqTech>TECH_GUILDS</PrereqTech>
<TechTypes>
<PrereqTech>TECH_POTTERY</PrereqTech>
<PrereqTech>NONE</PrereqTech>
<PrereqTech>NONE</PrereqTech>
</TechTypes>

I tested it quickly and it seems to work. Sushi comes at Guilds, with a pre req of Pottery too.

Good idea. I think I'll do that too.

]My only other question is how do make some of the other techs part of a different era?

Tech part of a different era ? Dunno. try the corps and see how you go.

That also worked perfectly! I also used this to move some other buildings to different eras. I didn't want to give up Universities, levees, The Taj Mahal, Oxford University, Salons (I always play as the french), Jails, and I think thats it. It all worked perfectly. Once I made it past my huge blunder Modding has proved easy. thanks again Mice!:king:

You,re welcome. It's got me inspired to put together a limited era mod. I'll probably use Marnz mod because it's so good. Probably stop at Pikes an Knights, but with cannons and frigates/Galleons in there too.

Quick and probably embarrassingly stupid question: how do I get the medieval era stop mod to work for me whi;e still being able to play any civ I want? I didn't see any option to select it anywhere while in the game menu. Does it do it automatically? If so, do I only copy the era stop I want into my mods folder? I am using the mac version of civ, will that still be able to work?

(I want technology to not advance further than the medieval era)

Thanks.

I've tried this..extracted to the warlords/mods folder...then load mod, start a new game, and the game continues to research and enter other eras. Is it possible this is only for 1 expansion as opposed to warlords?

If you got BTS you can try the next version of CCV (version 4.08 or above). As I saw your request on this thread I created some new gameoptions in my mod to enable/disable the technologies of all eras you want/don't want. :)

Top Bottom