Eurasia map (standard) 19civ preplaced

KeeperOT7Keys

did nothing wrong
19 civ preplaced on eurasia map; mali, iceland, kamchatka and indonesia are the corners of the map
no americas, but map is cylindrical for late game amphibious invasions
based on rfc doc's map with some little changes
map is actually really small, 84X44 sizes; a standard map is 84X52
every civ has 3-4 city at an ideal mid game
for better gameplay (hope it will works), I turned straits to the swamps: english channel, gibraltar, ireland, copenhag, sri lanka and one for between manchuria and hokkaido

starting locations:
lanuns-dublin
illians-copenhag (for baltic canal)
amurites-krakow
bannor-asturias (north spain)
grigori-calabria region (south italy)
sheaim-tunis
malakim-timbuktu
calabim-zagazig (around suez canal, unless ai won't make canals for transportation :mischief:)
clan of embers- somewhere in ethiopia
elohim-athens
ljosalfar-saint petersburg
svartalfar-bangkok (far away from other elves but most suitable place for them imo)
kuriotates-dhaka (bangladesh)
balseraphs-chennai (south india)
doviello-shiraz
hippus-mongolia
khazad-tibet (hills with less food, expands towards empty china = struggle with hippus)
luchuirp-tokyo
sidar-seoul

preplaced barbarians:
dunhuang, kashgar for represents silk road and blockade early contact with east;
and one swamp city in east of urals for prevent a super acheron kashgar
and blockades too large ljosalfar-hippus in mid game

most of unique features and dungeons are in the siberia, because,
when I tried to put bradeline's well to the scandinavia, illians destroyed in turn 20 :mad:
only peaceful features are close to the civilizaitions

screenshots from my 100turn malakim test game
and last one from my panama ''labyrinth'' without america :cool:
I thought this will be an aesthetic stuff mountains with snake pillars (pillars of hercules)
but then I realized they're becoming corn improvements without enough armageddon counter :lol:
thanks to all ffh modder team; and special thanks to leoreth for answers my amateur worldbuilder questions :goodjob:

Attachments

• Eurasia 19civ.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    392.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 2013-09-27 21_15_24-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    2013-09-27 21_15_24-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 2013-09-27 21_18_41-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    2013-09-27 21_18_41-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 2013-09-27 21_18_52-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    2013-09-27 21_18_52-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 2013-09-27 21_19_06-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    2013-09-27 21_19_06-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 2013-09-27 21_19_15-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    2013-09-27 21_19_15-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 2013-09-25 21_11_02-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    2013-09-25 21_11_02-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 278
Great map, fun to play. Some thoughts:

The civ placements aren't balanced. Kurios and Khazad are especially rough, as they have an overlapping fat cross in the capital, and Kurios are choked by jungle and Khazad really lack food.

Elohim and Sidar have resource-rich capitals, but ones that require a bunch of different early techs.

Calabim have by far the strongest start location. Grassland floodplain corn (about as strong a food tile as you can have) plus the Mirror of Heaven, plus a bunch of floodplains and another floodplain with a resource on it. With such strong tiles plus the worldspell, Calabim can start pumping out settlers very fast.

Ljos do have one of the better start locations (as you point out) but they are commerce-starved more than usual.

Overall, I like the map size and complexity, but I don't feel that all the civs have a truly fair chance on it.

yeah I experienced most of them too

but I think tibet is unique for khazads, and they're doing very good in this place, score leader in most of my games, and less food intented for khazads: (hills with less food, expands towards empty china = struggle with hippus)

kuriotates are blocking themselves cause of this 3 tile work mechanism
may be I should move doviello to samarqand (they have a Turkic-Siberian culture)
and kuriotates to persia or baghdad-basra (balance for calabim)

I can't find a sidar unique place in eurasia (may be I should add an island like atlantis :p )
this map designed for doc; so this sidar-elohim, required techs-improvements problem is occuring in most of the civilizations

for ljosalfar, they have full of flat grasslands with forests. I think this is best location for ljosalfar

Calabims are powerful like ancient egypt :D but yep, I should remove the flood plain it seems
in doc you can't make farms in floodplains without biology so this is a tech-improvement problem too, may be I should add some marshes to egypt

BTW, you can get snake pillars (and other hell effects) to stay if you check "no hell terrain" when loading the game (or change the file).
I look forward to trying this :)

Top Bottom