Feitoria: Impossible?

truenarnian

Emperor
I played my 4th start with Portugal, and for the 4th time I can't build a feitoria because by the time I get my worker to the city-state, they've improved all their coastal tiles.

I usually play King or Emperor and each time I play with Portugal, I basically bee-line to the tech with feitoria (sometimes I reach over to grab one or lower-level techs on the way), and have a worker near=by, but - alas! they tiles are always developed.

I know some of you regularly play Immortal and Deity where I can only imagine the CS's improve their territory even faster so: What's the trick to using the feitoria?

I played my 4th start with Portugal, and for the 4th time I can't build a feitoria because by the time I get my worker to the city-state, they've improved all their coastal tiles.

I usually play King or Emperor and each time I play with Portugal, I basically bee-line to the tech with feitoria (sometimes I reach over to grab one or lower-level techs on the way), and have a worker near=by, but - alas! they tiles are always developed.

I know some of you regularly play Immortal and Deity where I can only imagine the CS's improve their territory even faster so: What's the trick to using the feitoria?

Ummm, Just build ur feitoria on the new improvements of Citystates. I've done that before. :goodjob:

You build the Feitoria anyways? I'm pretty sure you can put it on an improved tile.

You build the Feitoria anyways? I'm pretty sure you can put it on an improved tile.

Are you kidding me?!?!?! That's all I had to do?!?!?!

Someone shoot me. I played 4 games of this and kept restarting...

sad sigh

Portugal's UI is weakened if most CS' have the same luxury resource. For coastal CS', it is usually whales but it can be any luxury resource.

yeah its kind of a crapshoot. In one instance your feitoria might net you a bunch of unique luxes. But in another, all but one or two CS's will have the exact same crap, usually gems or gold or the like. And more often than not this resource is widely available on that map in territory the AI will eat up. This will leave you with a stack of lux copies you can trade to no one because they already have everything. But then again portugals other abilities are nice enough on their own and when this bonus does come through you are probably going to have the most happiness in the game.

yeah its kind of a crapshoot. In one instance your feitoria might net you a bunch of unique luxes. But in another, all but one or two CS's will have the exact same crap, usually gems or gold or the like. And more often than not this resource is widely available on that map in territory the AI will eat up. This will leave you with a stack of lux copies you can trade to no one because they already have everything. But then again portugals other abilities are nice enough on their own and when this bonus does come through you are probably going to have the most happiness in the game.

I actually just played Portugal myself. Is the Feitoria supposed to give you two copies of a resource when you are allies? I guess my question would be what good does that do if I can't trade away copies of a lux the city state is giving me?

Thank you in advance.

I actually just played Portugal myself. Is the Feitoria supposed to give you two copies of a resource when you are allies? I guess my question would be what good does that do if I can't trade away copies of a lux the city state is giving me?

Thank you in advance.

I just finished a game with Portugal, it was unfortunate that all the city states had dye, cotton or pearls, because I already started with cotton and pearls. However, you can trade away all the luxuries you produce and still get the happiness bonus from those few luxuries you gain from the CS... come to think of it, I'm not sure if that rule applies to luxuries you get from city states that you are allied with as any other civ. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom