FfH Modmod help?

Jabie

Wanted in Monte Carlo...
Is this forum for FfH help only or do you tackle qs related to other mod-mods. If the former, please accept my apologies, as I'm not sure where else to post on this site.

I'm trying to run Fall Further but can't unzip the expansion. Windows Vista is up to it's old tricks.

It appears that the problem seems to be in unzipping the file. I download the file OK, but when I try to extract it, I get to about ~600-700 files to go and it bombs out. Is this a corrupt file, dodgy unzipping routine or some sort Vista anomaly that Microsoft can't be bothered to fix?

Well, this forum is meant for Fall from Heaven only, but Fall Further is a mod-mod of Fall from Heaven, so it does quite well classify for the forum :)

I know that there are people who use Vista who are using Fall Further successfully, so I would suspect a corrupt download. Though in that case it shouldn't run at all. So it could also be a User Accounts Control related issue blocking you from writing some specific file.

Have you tried re-targetting the installer program to a folder on your desktop and seeing if that works?

Top Bottom