[FFHII] Middle-Earth Map 128x92 (19 civs)

Elm0

Chieftain
Hi,

I wanted to share with you my Middle-Earth Third Age map for Fall From Heaven II. It covers an area slighty larger than original Tolkien maps, so you'll see a bit of unfamiliar regions full of my creativity mixed with various non-canon maps found in the internet. I placed all starting civilizations on it (that means except Infernals and Mercurians of course), so some parts tend to by rather crowdy.:) There is a bit of flavour added, so you will for example see scattered ruins of cities, roads, very rare mithril etc.

Some screenshots and download link below:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Download (RS) - Place it in ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\PrivateMaps or ...\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\WorldBuilder folder, both should work IMO.

Feel free to post any feedback, especially about map balance. I would be very grateful for it.:)

I ran through a couple of test games with my mod just letting the AI play by itself.

I found the map to be a bit large, especially in the less uninhabited eastern portions. This resulted in excessive barb activity for those civs on that side of the world. I would suggest trimming the eastern side of the map.

Otherwise the map looks nice. I was a bit worried seeing the Sheaim start in Hell terrain, but the nearby food resources seem to make up for it and they were able to expand and build more cities.

Yeah, I thought there's many free space for barbs in the eastern part, but I thought it will somewhat be balancing factor for crowds in west. Which civs had the toughest time dealing with them? I presume Bals and Amurites could be affected at most, cause rest of "Easterling" have leaders with "Barbarian" (or should have... honestly speaking, I don't remember which one was picked for Doviello:crazyeye:).

For Sheaim, they should start with some hell resources, but miraclously they change into their normal counterparts (despite being placed in hell terrain). Any ideas, how to repair it?:)

For Sheaim, they should start with some hell resources, but miraclously they change into their normal counterparts (despite being placed in hell terrain). Any ideas, how to repair it?:)

I dont think you can. It's related to the hell terrain counter, which only starts working once Hyborem comes into play.

Thank you, the map is very good.
I dont know how to mod and i wish a scenario of lotr. So i placed the city,5 for gondor and mordor and 3 for the other , selected no settlers and formed 2 teams.
Very pleasant.

Hey,

Thanks very much for downloading my map.:) Guess I could upload it somewhere here, but honestly speaking I don't know how to do it.:crazyeye:

The easiest thing would be to use our own download database ;).
Things up to 10 megabyte can be directly hosted here.
If you decide so, then please note that an admin will first have to take a look at the file to make it downloadable (that restriction is there for every member with less than 30 posts and less than 30 days membership, to prevent spam in the database).

Does anyone have a copy of this they could upload? E.g. @The_J ?

Top Bottom