First attempt to win on deity

dwcole78

Warlord
So I have been playing through a normal speed normal size continents game on difficulty levels king and above attempting to win on each level. I am to the highest level now and I expect I am going to have to restart this one an absolute ton. Thought I would use this as an opportunity to learn from the many better at this game than me. I will be posting my turn zero game save here and thought I would see if anyone wanted to play along with me. Aka start from my turn zero save show me what I will inevitably do wrong. I can post saves after I start also if it will help...any interest?

Also mods - banner add led to ravenscroft.org but website seems not to exist...?

I'm no good at Deity so can't really help. But might get some if you post this in the Strategy and Tips section. That's where the people hang out who share and give specific advice hang out. Plus there are other posts there with some good Deity advice.

Start small, start easy. Play on a duel map using the civ you are best with, play against the civ you think stinks the most, and re-roll the best map you can. Have a plan for how you are going to win from the start (which might change as you go along, but...). Losing on a large map is frustrating. It's just best to start small, and work your way up. I did that for Deity on Civ3, and found myself in the HoF, even for a medium map.

LOL my last win on deity, I nuked an AI 4 times. What did he do back? Proposed Nuclear Non-Proliferation in World Congress. :D ROFL!

Last edited:
So I have been playing through a normal speed normal size continents game on difficulty levels king and above attempting to win on each level. I am to the highest level now and I expect I am going to have to restart this one an absolute ton. Thought I would use this as an opportunity to learn from the many better at this game than me. I will be posting my turn zero game save here and thought I would see if anyone wanted to play along with me. Aka start from my turn zero save show me what I will inevitably do wrong. I can post saves after I start also if it will help...any interest?

Also mods - banner add led to ravenscroft.org but website seems not to exist...?

Sure you can post an initial save. I suggest grabbing a good civ and good map for your first deity win

Top Bottom