First multiplayer game

ratman_scoop

Chieftain
Hey people, I'm now looking at playing my first multiplayer game having only recently got the game and now understand how it works.
Couple things i want to know first being if whoever I'm playing with are playing for a couple hours and someone has to go does the game just stop if that person goes and if not do people just take advantage of that person not being there? Secondly whats the easiest way for noob civ multiplayer person to start off? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

People often quit in multiplayer games. When they do leave the game the AI simply takes over. People quitting is a serious issue in MP. You can help with this by friending any non-quitters and trying to play your games with at least a few of them so you know they won't at least quit.

My steam ID is copper4eva

You can add me if you want, I'm fine with a new player as long as you don't quit.

Also if you want some good news about this ordeal, MP is incredibly fun when you don't have too many people quit. I played single player for about a year before playing MP. Now that I have started playing MP I literally can't enjoy single player, for the most part, simply because MP is so much better.

Cool thanks I'm not a quitter don't see the point. So do you have to play the game out in one sitting? If so that must take a while

Yes it can take forever. People often concede before finishing the game though since it's often one player is obviously most likely to win and nobody wants to wait around for another 4 hours just to see that happen. But yes I played a game not too long ago, forget when it started but couldn't have been later the 10pm. That game finished at like 7 the next morning lol. If you have to go after, say, 5 hours of playing though that is totally understandable.

I am also interested in starting multiplayer. But for me a better setup would be something like: Play for 1 > 2 hours, save and then play the next day/week.

I think something like an ffa but with a few AI's mixed in would be very interesting.
Perhaps 4 AI 4 human.

But even something like 6 AI 2 human could be interesting. Both players trying to take out the AI and each other at the same time :)

Not sure if this kind of setup is typical because I've never played Civ5 multi before.

That's the sort of thing I need because i can't commit to 4-5 hour sessions as much as I'd like too. I'm guessing all the players involved just agree to stop and save then meet back on at the same time again?

Yeah that sounds more like my sort of thing. Even a super long term game with just 1 or 2 hours a week would be fine for me. But I could probably do more than that. I'm in a strange time zone though.

Yeah I'm in UK so unless you have a strange sleeping pattern i don't think it would work

My steam id is ratman_scoop if you want to add me because at weekends I think we'd get chance as i believe you're around 8-9 hours ahead of me

Just sent you a friend request on steam. my id is 7Losses (don't ask where that ID came from, long story :) )

Hello, I registered in this forum long ago, but never attempted to create or to play multiplayer, now I'm back with my will renovated to play this game, and I'm willing to play loooooong games if needed, yesterday I was playing against IA for hours nonstop, so I guess with people it'll be more interesting.

By the way I'm a noob I guess, never played with people, only IA.

Top Bottom