Flashing black screen in between turns

Maklohi Vai

Warlord
I just downloaded BtS and loaded up a game, only to find that between every single turn, the screen briefly flashes black. This happened on a single player game. I haven't tried multiplayer or scenario. The flash happens after pressing the enter button, before the next turn's orders, etc. load. Any help would be appreciated, as the game is currently unplayable!

What OS are you using and what hardware (CPU, RAM, Graphics card)? Your problem sounds like something in your system, so knowing the system info is needed for anyone to offer help. Also, from where did you download the game? The cure may be related to what download version you have.

OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.5
Processor: Intel Core i5
RAM: 8 GB, DD3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I downloaded it off of Steam. I got the game in a Civ package a while back, but just hadn't downloaded it yet. Thanks for your help!

I know that some of the Intel Graphics cards on Macs can have trouble with CIV. I don't know if yours is one of those. Although I am using a Mac, I am using an older OS, 10.6.8, so I am not familiar with Yosemite. I would suggest posting your problem in the Mac forum, instead of here. Most of the people here are Windows folks and probably won't be able to help. The moderator of the Mac forum, AlanH is a computer guy and our Mac guru. He may be able to help.

Top Bottom