Forbidden Palace bug - what's the fix?

Pyrrhos

Vae Victis
The list of known bugs only says that there's a problem with it and it actually may increase corruption. There's no mention of any fix, so... ?

In my version of the game - C3C 1.23 - building the Forbidden Palace results in corruption being lowered in that city alone. It has no positive effect whatsoever on surrounding cities. Even if you build the FP, there's still some corruption in the "second capital". If you build CH & PS in the same city, then you get zero corruption. As is, building the FP takes 200 turns, 100 if you've built CH previously, which makes it more or less redundant - unless you want/need a military factory close to the front.

Is there a fix for this? V 1.29? Or... ?

Much obliged!

Uuhhm, how about: Thats a feature, not a bug? ;)

Umm... Have I missed something here?

It's touted as a second capital. Also, when I first got Civ III, it actually worked as one. Does not in the C3C version. At least one of the versions is bugged and as it is billed as a second capital, I'm inclined to believe that the current version is the bugged one.

In vanilla and PTW the FP can create a second core. It effects both optimal city number (OCN), and rank corruption. The FP itself has rank 0 (the capital has rank 1) and surrounding cities will get rank 2, 3, 4 etc, just like the cities around the capital.

In Conquest, the FP effects the OCN, just like vanilla and PTW, but it doesn't change city ranks, and it removes 70% from the corruption cap. (the cap is normally 90%, a CH and PS each remove 10% as well, so with all 3, the city will have corruption capped at 0%)

The fact that it changes the OCN means that the FP does effect corruption in other cities in your empire, but not as dramatically.

Build it in a city that can build it quickly (near your capital) or rush it with a MGL (they can't rush great wonders, but they can still rush small wonders)
If you haven't build it yet in the industrial age, you could consider building the FP in your Iron Works city, if you have one.

I agree the documentation is not always clear, and sometimes even plain wrong.

Thx! That's a complete answer. :goodjob:

It's just so frustrating to build it and find that in the cities right next to it, you still only get one shield (or two with CH, three with PS - if you produce at least 10 "raw" shields) when you have been told that it acts as a second capital. :mad:

Still, being able to turn out inf, cav, artillery or tanks a few tiles away from the front every two-four turns instead of every 25-50 turns is a huge boost!

Top Bottom