Formula 1 2013

Double points at the final race... :rolleyes:

Could lead to the ridiculous situation of one driver being 49 points ahead going into the final race of the season, then having a mechanical fault and losing by a point purely because of the bonus points.

What an atrociously bad idea. It's not like Abu Dhabi is the Le Mans or Indy 500 of F1. Unless the race has something that should make it stand out head and shoulders above the other races of the season, this really shouldn't be the case.

Of course, there is a reasonable counterargument, that having a double-value final race will force teams to keep pushing until the very end of the season... but that doesn't change the fact that it's really gimmicky.

Keep in mind that the energy recovery systems capacity will be increased in 2014. Newey doesn't like them and so far RB have struggled to get them reliable.
His car design may be the best but the engines and ancillaries will be the make or brake of next season.
Or Red Bull will simply now devote the necessary resources to it when they haven't seemed to bother in the past.

My money is still on Red Bull and Vettel even though I would prefer that something causes the field to become far more balanced. This is particularly true since the races are now far more enjoyable to watch with all the passing. If they can extend that competitiveness to the leaders like Moto GP does many weekends, it will make the racing even better to watch.

My money is still on Red Bull and Vettel even though I would prefer that something causes the field to become far more balanced. This is particularly true since the races are now far more enjoyable to watch with all the passing. If they can extend that competitiveness to the leaders like Moto GP does many weekends, it will make the racing even better to watch.

Fully agree with everything.

Pérez confirmed with Force India, Sutil confirmed with Sauber.

Red Bull: Vettel, Ricciardo
Mercedes: Hamilton, Rosberg
Ferrari: Alonso, Raikkonen
Lotus: Grosjean, Maldonado
McLaren: Button, Magnussen
Force India: Hülkenberg, Pérez
Toro Rosso: Vergne, Kvyat
Sauber: Sutil, Gutiérrez
Williams: Massa, Bottas
Marussia: Bianchi, Chilton
Caterham: van der Garde, Ercisson

Four spots left, one with Sauber, one with Marussia, and two with Caterham.

Gutiérrez has been confirmed at Sauber. Also, rumour has it that Kamui Kobayashi will be making a return to F1, with Caterham. His teammate's going to be either van der Garde, or Ericsson, so Charles Pic looks like he's going to be gone.

If you havent been living in a cave you already know Schumi had a heavy skiing accident and got serious injuries at his head. Currently he is fighting for staying alive. I hope treatment works and the Kaiser cheats dead this time (no joke intended here).

Heard of it yesterday evening. Shocking news, indeed!!

Hope he going to be well. Even if he will live, there is no way to say in which condition he will be.

I didn't realize that his injury was so serious!

His head slammed against a rock and his helmet broke apart. It was a really heavy accident. He is in an artifical coma and to lower the pressure on his brain, they drilled holes into his skull.

It's really horrible.

Medics say he is stable now after another intervention and are more optimist than yesterday. Which is good but gives you an idea of how critical his condition is, when not getting worse is good news.

It is not a good year for F1 i would say, first Maria de Villota and now this...

Top Bottom