Free Buildings from Conquered Wonders?

Jman5

Warlord
I don't normally war-monger but today I thought I would rush an AI wonder-whore. Two of his wonders, hanging garden and great lighthouse, also provide free buildings when you complete them. However when I conquered the city there was neither a garden or lighthouse available.

Does this always happen when you conquer a wonder, or did the AI sell the buildings as I seiged him?

I don't know if the AI actively sells buildings.

However, when you take a city through conquest, there is a chance that buildings are destroyed. Free buildings are treated just like normal buildings in this respect, so they can end up getting destroyed.

I don't know if the AI actively sells buildings.

However, when you take a city through conquest, there is a chance that buildings are destroyed. Free buildings are treated just like normal buildings in this respect, so they can end up getting destroyed.

Oh I didn't know that thanks. That would explain why the AI always have so few buildings whenever I take them over. I thought they were just really dumb.

Those buildings will still have free upkeep, though, because of the wonders, after you build them again. It seems quite random which buildings get destroyed during a siege.

Oh I didn't know that thanks. That would explain why the AI always have so few buildings whenever I take them over. I thought they were just really dumb.

I think it's a 1/3 chance for any building to be destroyed :)

It varies by building. Some buildings, like the National Visitor's Center and various unique buildings, like the Ikanda, are tagged in the XML as <NeverCapture>true</NeverCapture>, while others are tagged with a destruction chance (e.g., <ConquestProb>66</ConquestProb>).

Rule of thumb: Cultural buildings are always destroyed, there's a 75% Chance of survival for gold-producing buildings, 66% chance of survival for everything else except happiness buildings - they always survive.
Unique buildings will be converted into normal buildings (and vice versa). As mentioned, there are some exceptions.

Top Bottom