Free Death I for Imps?

Ororo

King
Heya guys!
I have just recently discovered FFH II so I apologize if my question is a bit noobie...
In my recent game, I was playing as Infernals. At some point I began spamming Imps as I thought that the spectres could really help me to make some progress in my world conquest. However I noticed that my Imps started with Death I promotion. Yet, the civilopedia says that they shouldn't.
Anyone has an idea what might have caused this? It proved to be very effective so I really consider using it in the next game too.
I would also welcome some other suggestions that could possibly synergize with this strategy :)

I suspect that you had multiple death nodes. If you do, your spellcasters can get the associated upgrades for free. It CAN be a very effective strategy.

With nodes, some people like 'going deep', meaning that they take multiple copies of the node type. This selection has two advantages. Frist, spellcasters will start geting promotions for free. second, any summoned creatures with 'affinity' increase theri strength with each node.

Alternatively, you can go 'wide', allowing more mana types which give greater variety and esepcailly buffs for large stacks.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Thank You! That's right I had about 4 nodes (I wanted to boost my death-affinity spectres)

When you have 2 mana of the same type, your adepts will get the level one spell of that type for free when they are built. Also, if you upgrade an adept to a mage, or a mage to an archmage, and they don't have that promotion, they will also get it for free. Additionally, if you have 3 mana of the same type, then upgrading adepts to mages will give them the second level for free, as well as the first if they don't have it yet. And if you have 4 mana of the same type, mages upgrading to archmages will have all three spells. Again, if you upgrade then a mage to an archmage and have three body mana, the archmage will have both haste and regen for free, but not flesh golem. There would have to be four body mana to get flesh golem too.

It doesn't apply retroactively, and existing units are not affected until they receive an upgrade. And the free promotions are limited by caster level, so a mage will never get a free level 3 promotion, and an adept will never get more than the first level.

Edit: Also this works for any mana you own, not just nodes. You can trade mana from other civs/vassals, the stuff from your palace counts too, and you can get mana from some wonders. All of the holy buildings provide a specific mana type too.

Top Bottom