Free Militia (5gp)

Kikimalaka

Chieftain
I built a city one square away from a Barb and got a free militia unit. I then sold it for 5 GP.

The barb village stayed there and I took them out after building a warrior

Inthe DS version, at least you can build your capital next to a barb hut and get infinite miitia by moving it outside your city. Can you sell units in the DS one? :mischief:

Inthe DS version, at least you can build your capital next to a barb hut and get infinite miitia by moving it outside your city. Can you sell units in the DS one? :mischief:
no you cant sell them but you can use them to explore so that there are fewer wasted moves with your warriors (head straight to the barbarian villages)

also they tend to hold choke points well enough for free units (until other civs are willing to go to war with you)

i did it once for the heck of it and spawned about 1/2 dozen of them and sent them out and it made exploration much quicker

militia is not free... it costs a population point, not worth 5 gp at all

I've located my first city next to a Barbarian village and generated many militia a couple of times.

They are good for blocking ai travelling (unless they decide to fight), discovering the land, and I also use them to support spies.

If I land a spy, it invariably gets captured, but if I land a spy and a militia or two, the AI have to fight the militia first. Next turn I can move the spy into the city.

Top Bottom