Fresh copy of Civ V off steam... won't run...

Mazok

Chieftain
So I just bought a copy off steam's summer sale of Civ V (vanilla) Installed just fine and go to play..

When I launch it, I get a select direct X menu with three options, 9, 10-11, and touch enabled for windows 8.

No matter which version I choose.. nothing happens. Window closes and system thinks for half a second.. then.. nothing.

Checking the task manager.. while the direct X chooser menu is open I can see Civ V as a task in process. As soon as I choose though.. it stops and then nothing.

I have tried running as admin, tried running in every compatibility mode, tried running from steam UI, folder exe, desktop shortcuts, offline mode, ect.

I have reinstalled game several times. Updated all video drivers, updated DirectX.

Still.. nothing. I'm running on a Intel I5-4570 @3.20Ghz proc, 8.00 gig ram, with an Nividia GTX 660 card. All on a windows 8.0 OS.

I am at a loss to know what to do now and am getting zero help from Steam, 2K games, or anyone associated with the product... you folks are my last shot before I go for a refund :(

If you need additional information... let me know what you need (if it's super technical a small how to would help)

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you have another computer that doesn't have Win8 on it, try installing there. There are probably some incompatibilities somewhere but it's obviously a tad hard to spot.

Sadly only the one PC.... thinking of trying VPC and installing steam on the virtual machine and then civ.. see if that works...

Top Bottom