Frustrating Game Frustrating Glitch

tide15

Warlord
So there I was playing Chieftain, wide, on huge continents and six CS. Me as Sweden sharing the continent with Russia. Poland and Germany on the other...That must of been uncomfortable... But any way the continent I was on was terrible for developing. Forest, desert and barren rock for the most part and Cat didn't have it any better either.
A really slow developing game. Germany and the Poles where zipping along wonder hogging,although I managed to score a few important wonders I was on the tail end and looking at a loss.
So one day Cat sends a Great Prophet to one of my border cities and converts it. Well I have zero tolerance for that kind of thing and had my musket men stand him against a wall and a short meaningless war began.
Meanwhile the CS of Singapore is on the coast in the wastelands on my northern border which is a quite undefended backwater. We are friends but nothing special. I don't have the cash or the spies to flip them to Allies. Cat must of had the gold because they declared war on me also.
By the time the war ends I have a good little army around Singapore and I'm in full Chinese they have to be punished mode. Yes I made them a puppet city.
So now I'm really sucking hind teat in the game because no one will trade with me except the remaining City States. I also found out later in the game Poland did the same thing to Panama City.
So fast forward to the Modern Era and the Poles have settled two cities on my continent I'm making ok gold by this time and I tried to buy land around those cities to choke them out and also used two Great Generals to take even more land. It kept them small but that was about all I could achieve without war.
Then I see a Polish settler sail past one of my subs on picket duty heading for the northern wasteland. I new I couldn't get a settler of my own there in time so I sank the settler and started a truly grueling war with the Poles that ended with me in control of both of the cities. The submarine picket line I had established really played a huge part in isolating the battle zone although the Poles managed to get three bombers to the cities and I didn't have bombers at that time.
Now to the Atomic Era. We are all pretty close in developing nukes I was third in completing the Manhattan Project and the Poles and Germans are telling me their words a backed by nukes. I've been picking away at the Russian Empire and after three wars I hold nine cities I also have three CS in my pocket. I figure one more war with Cat and I'll have control of the entire continent.
I attack with tanks, bombers and rocket launchers. It's not easy going, two cities change hands a couple times I take some losses but I capture five cities and I'm looking at a complete victory and winning the game also.
At that point a tech completes and I click to start a new one.....nothing.....the game won't advance to the next tech WTF!!!! I tried auto saved turn, saved turn nothing!!

I guess I have to start over. I love and hate this game at the same time :)

Best treat it as a learning experience.

You will get a better handle on how to get ahead and what to focus on as you play more games.

An odd bug though, I can honestly say I have never had that happen in 100's of hours of play.

Had the same bug in my last game when I bulbed with an scientist, solved it with an cheat addon so I could learn the tech and progress to next technology.

What?

OP I don't even understand what your description of the entire game has to do with what you call a bug. So you clicked a tech and nothing happened? What were you trying to research? Not future tech by any chance?

Top Bottom