G-Major 144

I played 9 Starts again, best one had double Gold. Found out that three Golds are really needed to feed my Quechua-conquest. Also forgot lots of my Civilization IV knowledge, I' m playing for recovering my knowledge now. Lost Oracle 9/9 times and need to remember how to fund the research so I can Oracle something of worth. I don' t play with choose Religions anymore even though I already won with it, I' m simply not trained enough in CIV for playing with that Option. Will this thread get active again?

Kind regards,

Seraiel.

I played a Marble/Plains-Hill 4 Calendar Resources 1 Gold 5 FPs Start. Production with a 3 :hammers: city-centre was great. I knew I had to go for Cottage Economy superearly because of the lack of Gold and did so, good map though, had De Gaulle and Boudi near and could steal about 15 Workers 'til 2000BC, could build Roads over tremendous distances, even built Granaries in all cities, blocked one of the rare Horses Resource from Lincoln, almost no Strategics was actually the reason why I liked the map, but then Peter was able to whip a Swordsman when I was standing 7 up to 16XP Quechuas with GG-Healer against 3 Archers in front of his capital. Decided to quit once Pericles went WHEOOHRN with me being neighbour and worst enemy and when I found out that the map had two Continents. I still need to test if at least maps with Mansa, Gandhi and Asoka are worth continouing when having 2 Continents.

Regards,

Seraiel.

Had a good start, look at the Screen in the Awesome Starts Collection over in Strategy & Tips Forum.

Regarding the game: I liked the Gems Start very much as it allowed to research BW and whip a Barracks, a Granary and a Lighthouse in the Capital with the OF going into Quechuas. Slower on the start I had a good war against Viccy who had three cities and about 12 Archers and finshed her of with about 12 Quechuas by forcing her to move them on the open field. Oracle went too early, 2230BC, no chance, then just when I wanted to continue towards De Gaulle and had about 10 stolen Workers I saw that he had a wandering Swordsman 2000BC, again no chance. I' d also would have had Hills cities as a problem with De Gaulle but conquered a Granary, whipped another Barracks and again had a stack of 10 up to 4 Promotions (basic one counted) so I would have had my chance without Capital Iron.

Sorry to hear that. Always a very frustrating process trying to get a good game going. Especially in these super-competitive games where you need all the stars and planets and 9 other sources of luck to line up correctly.

A tangent, but it's probably a good reason why I like the BOTM games. You get one map, and play that once. Just try to make the most of it. Even with bad luck at times (it's bound to happen), it feels better than starting and failing (one way or another) map after map after map. A couple of months back I re-read this and the GM-137 threads, and it was actually embarrassing to see how frustrated I was with this process.

Good luck with your hunt. Are you targeting this very game then, or perhaps the ultimate top score game? 11.4 million is a tall order. Maybe nice to try a less competitive/difficult game/spot first, since you surely are a little rusty after being away from the game for a few years?

Great. I moved My Civilization IV with Saves-Folder towards a RAM-Disk for better performance. Got a tripple Gold Wet Wheat and suspected 9 Floodplains start. Conquered two AIs and Oracled Code of Law, then Windows 10 crashes for the 3rd time when switching towards the Calculator...

I continued with moving my Saves-Folder towards my M.2 SSD again, the gain in Stability will save time.

Top Bottom