Gajah Mada - What is classified as a continent?

The Windrunner

Chieftain
Hello,

I was just wondering what is classified as a continent for the Brave New World leader Gajah Mada's special ability, 'Spice Islanders' (First 3 cities settle on other continents get luxury resources and cannot be razed.)

So does the continent mean just another landmass or really a continent?
If it means continent, what is classified as a continent? What size landmass would be an island or continent?

Thanks in advance.
The Windrunner

Not sure on this, but one way to label a new continent is a change in color of the region, such as bright green with snowy mountains to dull green with brown mountains for instance.

Then again, it could relate to distance, since one game I had two islands not far from one another had differing color schemes with the terrain. And this was a standard Continents map.

any landmass seperated form another by water is considered a different continent, so settling a one tile island would grand gajah an extra special lux.

Thanks. I asked this because I play many mp matches of Civ with Brave New World and have tried all the new Civs except this one. And he was the only one I didn't fully understand.

The restriction's the same as Spanish Conquistadors founding cities. Difficult to make work on Pangea maps, but I expect Indonesia excels in true-start Earth maps.

The Indonesian ability does not only apply to founded cities, but if Indonesia captures a city from another civilization that's on a diffrent "continent" that city becomes a immortal "spice city". This is important to keep in mind when playing as Indonesia. I don't know is "bought" cities on other landmasses also becomes "spice islands" but I ques they do.

I just discovered the hard way :mad: that Spice Islanders only work for the *first* city on another landmass.

No spice bonus on second city.png

I just discovered the hard way :mad: that Spice Islanders only work for the *first* city on another landmass.

View attachment 365714

Yes, my understanding is that each "spice islander" city must be on its own separate landmass. That is, they must not be connected to each other by land.

If it matters, I'm pretty sure that "ice" does not count as land, so if you're near the north or south poles, and two landmasses are separated by "ice" tiles, I think spice islands will work.

I have heard pieces of land completely cut off by mountains will also work, but this is unverified.

I doesnt work with land seperated by mountains (no road possible).

It MUST be seperated by ocean.

I have heard pieces of land completely cut off by mountains will also work, but this is unverified.

It should work, as mountain ranges (such as the Caucasus and Himalayas) are formed by plates converging at a point meaning, in short, new continents. Probably too geographical, but I think that should be implemented.

Top Bottom