Game in progress bug report

joelwest

Noble
this thread will evolve as newer versions of SotM are released as each version will contain different bugs.

I dunno if this thread should be just for developers who report bugs or for anyone playing the most current SotM mod who reports a bug.

if a bug is real a solution is needed or the player is likely to stop playing the mod. consequently I would think ALL bugs need to be reported here.

============================================
statement of pupose

NOTE: by "bug," I mean a lack of functionality caused by programing error.

this is not the same as the program not loading due to having a defective video card or lack of functionality that nonetheless does not change the basic mechanics of the game, ie you can still do what it is you wanted to do, just not in the way you wanted to do it.

problems of the latter sort should be directly referred to the appropriate subforum as an item that needs "improvement."

a true "bug" has no workaround and is not hardware based, at least as defined for the purposes of this thread.

this post is copied from post 856, page 43, of main SotM mod forum.

my later posts in this thread will try to parse this material for development work.

=============================================
bug report for water food tiles and "free" trade unions . . .

see attached files below for game years 461 & 540

View attachment 131124

View attachment 131259

===========================

there is water food tile bug that has crept in fairly late in the game.

1)
my two island cities Tierra del Fueg and Falkland Isles are unable to build either the Electrolysis Plant or the Ion Shield. :eek:

examining the later file for year 540 their cultural borders are also messed up since they are not growing the same in all directions.

2)
the recently captured CSA city "CSA Alhazen" shows food in its water tiles before the Ion Shield has been built. :eek:

examining the later file in the year 540 apparently the problem is that when a rival city is captured its old technology is sometimes not being reported as already built.

hence Solarite shows food in water since it already had built an ion shield. nonetheless I am able to queue and build another ion shield to eventually get two food in the water.

===========================

there is also a bug with the trade unions improvement. :eek:

the civilopedia says it is available for free on ancient and later starts, meaning it is always free once the prerequisite tech (Real Estate Law) for it is discovered?

yet there is a cost in hammers listed, so available for free on ancient starts cannot be correct.

the F5 listing (see above attached files) says I have only have seven trade unions although in fact they are in every city. my memory is that very early in the game trade unions were part of the queue, but some reason they dropped out.

this post is copied from post 878, page 44, of main SotM mod forum.

my later posts in this thread will try to parse this material for development work.

nice to know someone else is playtesting this mod . . .

all maps allow the player to queue up a supposedly unique unit (such as a turret) more than once until it has actually been built.

there is also a problem if you conquer a civ. in that case the mod gets confused and allows you to build duplicate ion shields, etc.

I have a bug when I upload the mod.
I use the link of Woodelf (SotM version 0.23 A ),CIV IV in French and I have this:

The buttons are not visible. The only one which is working is the civilopdia one for techs... and the exit button...

I have a bug when I upload the mod.
I use the link of Woodelf (SotM version 0.23 A ),CIV IV in French and I have this:

The buttons are not visible. The only one which is working is the civilopdia one for techs... and the exit button...

I think your problem is you're loading it in French.
It's a plague of lots of mods in other languages then English.

My downloaded version comes by a link of Kael, and I use the English language in my copy of civ. No problem like that.

I hope it's just the french version thingie.

That screen issue is python and I've made changes with Kael's help.

I'll be uploading it tonight after adding more LHs and units. Buildings will wait for another time.

IF it is not from the language thing, might it be he downloaded a version prior to 1.61 from your link?

Spoiler :

this thread will evolve as newer versions of SotM are released as each version will contain different bugs.

I dunno if this thread should be just for developers who report bugs or for anyone playing the most current SotM mod who reports a bug.

if a bug is real a solution is needed or the player is likely to stop playing the mod. consequently I would think ALL bugs need to be reported here.

statement of pupose

NOTE: by "bug," I mean a lack of functionality caused by programing error.

this is not the same as the program not loading due to having a defective video card or lack of functionality that nonetheless does not change the basic mechanics of the game, ie you can still do what it is you wanted to do, just not in the way you wanted to do it.

problems of the latter sort should be directly referred to the appropriate subforum as an item that needs "improvement."

a true "bug" has no workaround and is not hardware based, at least as defined for the purposes of this thread.

I have already ignored my own advice and posted bugs by category in the other forums.

would the coders find it useful to also post these same bugs here is abbreviated form so that a checklist can be made for needed improvements?

------------------------------------------------------------

bugs I have found for ver 0.24 -

1)
UBI and ESA flags have the same color background making it hard to distinguish the units if next to each other

2)
level 12 tank is not accepting promotions or allowing healing of its damage. unable to select this unit and drag it to enemy tile to get advance info on combat odds.

3)
eight standard civ traits need to be rebalanced. (I suggest reducing number to six and expanding civ/leader total to 15 so all combos are possible.)

4)
a carry over bug from old versions. the dust sea tiles become buildable with roads as soon a civs cultural boundaries enclose such a tile. such tiles however as currently coded are NOT accessible by other civs. hence a civ can put a stack of doom on a dust sea tile in its own border and know you can never attack this tile until all its nearby cities are captured. this also makes it impossible to capture a city entirely surrounded by dust sea tiles.

Flags were something I was going to ask Mozza to create, but never got back to him. :blush:

We need better ones for sure.

I'd be shocked if any promos beyond era 1 worked properly.

Flags were something I was going to ask Mozza to create, but never got back to him. :blush:

We need better ones for sure.

I'd be shocked if any promos beyond era 1 worked properly.

for ver 0.24 I was offered unit promos, even after the isolation event, but they were outrageously expensive to make so I never made one.

this violates my normal strategy of dumping or upgrading all old units.

The French version is not working. I'm obliged in order to play to choose English Language.
I think it comes from the fact that there is only English language available in the XML files... (No translation...)

I have not a moon terrain... Is it normal ?

I have not a moon terrain... Is it normal ?

You need to have the moonmap script in your PublicMaps folder in order to see moon terrain (and select the map when starting up a game of course).
Note that the moonmap script is not compatible for Civ4/BtS games, if you start a BtS game with the moonmap you'll have a good ol' CTD. ;)

This is the reason I still see the river and sea and normal mountains... :mischief:

Top Bottom