Game lenghth

zoommooz11

Warlord
Because I always like very long 'epic' games in civ 5, regardless of if a play vanilla or a mod, I change the gamespeed xml (among many other files), making a typical game take around 4000 turns to complete. Now, with most mods I can go in and tweak the various things that are also need to balance this out (great person rate, social policy rate etc).

Due to this mod being so different (and very intriguing I must say) I would like to change the age/turn rate as within my game my leader can be born, and die three times over before even one tech gets researched, also the mana/end of the world event threshold will probably need to be much larger. Now I know this is not your problem at all, but where would I set the ageing (and anything else that may be out of whack) within your mod files??

Cheers

Aging stuff is in EaTables/EaRaces.sql. You'll want to change NominalLifeSpan and also VeryOldDeathChance and AncientDeathChance (the latter two are chance out of 1000 for death per turn when gp is very old or ancient).

Mana is not really balanced yet in normal game, so I don't have advice there for you.

Aging stuff is in EaTables/EaRaces.sql. You'll want to change NominalLifeSpan and also VeryOldDeathChance and AncientDeathChance (the latter two are chance out of 1000 for death per turn when gp is very old or ancient).

Mana is not really balanced yet in normal game, so I don't have advice there for you.

A gentleman and a scholar, thankyou sir.

Top Bottom