Getting Science with no money

davyboy70

Chieftain
At the moment my Civ is losing -525 per turn and its really hard to get money increased. So I'm not getting any science at all, is there anyway to get Science while losing that amount of money?

lol how do you lose so much money? Is there a bankruptcy mod or something?

I have sometimes had problems late game when I running a deficit of 100s of gpt, but less than half the problem of OP. Does science go to 0 or just half of normal?

I've been near, or flat broke many a time due to expenses by barbs in raging barbs whilst going wide; and it is that IF you can scrape up SOME coin per turn, there is a formula that determines the FRACTION of 'full turn' science output : close (-1 to -10), gets about 7/8ths Spt, near (-11 to -15), 3/4 Spt, beggered (-16 to -20), 1/2 to 1/4 Spt, buggered (-20 to -30) yields single diget Spt; and FLAT BROKE (-31+) = zero Spt .

TRs help to defray costs, but when they are pillaged/captured/destroyed, your cash-flow gets gut-shot . Undefended Luxuries are just SOOOO tempting to pillage, and are equally painful to the Treasury .

lol how do you lose so much money? Is there a bankruptcy mod or something?

If you capture a couple cities with a (rail-)road on every tile, and if you don't have wagon trains and you're not called Inca.... that's easily an extra 50-100 GPT in maintenance.

I have sometimes had problems late game when I running a deficit of 100s of gpt, but less than half the problem of OP. Does science go to 0 or just half of normal?

negative gold comes out of science (so -525 gold is -525 science) ... so if you get enough base science, you can overcome it.

Top Bottom